Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Looking for ideas for educational and plain fun games

kidhugger

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 5:04 am
I am a reading and writing tutor, and I have my own kids. I am looking for good ideas, tried and true, for 2 kinds of games. One is just fun, taking turns, kind of board games, helpful if it can be played on Shabbos. That would be for ages 6 and up, up, up. It would be best if it's the kind of game where a child can spell a word, and then take a turn. The spelling is not connected to the game; the game is the motivation. Examples for younger kids, Chutes and ladders, Cat and Mouse by Ravensberger. I need more for kids older then that. Any popular, beloved ideas are helpful, even if it doesn't exactly fit the criteria.

The other kind of game is a literacy based educational game. For example, Blurt. Any kind of fun educational reading/writing/spelling/vocabulary kind of game that your kids really enjoy, and learn from.
Thanks so much mothers!

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 8:04 am
it's not a spelling game but my 8 yr old dd likes monopoly deal- quick game, ticket to ride- longer and flux- it varies. All can be played on shabbos unless you hold that you shouldn't use play money on shabbos.

kidhugger

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 8:31 am
Smokey, thanks.
Is flux a game?

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Apr 15 2018, 8:34 am
yes. it actually requires reading since it has different cards that have rules that you have to follow so it probably will be good for you.
this is the youtube of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcR0nSmoUsw
it's supposedly for people ages 8 and up. My dh actually learned it at work Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics