Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Atlanta, Georgia

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 8:21 pm
Thinking of moving there. What are the prices of housing?tuition? is kosher food expensive there? regular food expensive? a lot of anti semitism?

What is the weather like?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 9:20 pm
Call frum realtor Rose Anne Schulman.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 9:56 pm
do you happen to have an e-mail for her or a website?

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 10:29 pm
amother wrote:
Thinking of moving there. What are the prices of housing?tuition? is kosher food expensive there? regular food expensive? a lot of anti semitism?

What is the weather like?

Kosher food is obviously more expensive than n.y. But not terrible. Tuition is pretty standard, expensive but most people don't pay full. Not a lot of anti semitism. Best way to check it out is contact Beth Jacob (the main shul there) and go see for yourself

rikkabella

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 10:31 pm
I visited Atlanta twice this past summer and it's a beautiful out of town community.

From what I discussed while there--

Tuition, like in many out of town communities, is fairly high. They have also struggled at one of the local day schools with multiple principals in the last several years...

Housing in the frum community is cheaper than in NY but many choose to knock down and build custom. Beware-- there are lots and lots of hills in the frum area which may make building slightly more difficult.

Couple of kosher restaurants... all decent. The food prices are decent but you'll pay significantly more for cholov Yisroel.

All in all-- a warm and inviting community but definitely small town!

Oh! And all of the people there-- wherever you may travel-- are super polite and friendly! Smile

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 11:11 pm
If you want to PM me, I looked into moving there pretty extensively and have some connections that may help you.

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Apr 16 2018, 11:17 pm
There are a few areas where Frum people live. The biggest one is Toco Hills, and as I understand it is the most affordable. The thing is that houses in the Frum area are hard to come by. There are a decent amount of tear downs, but many of the old ones are ranch style. I think that the lower end of the housing spectrum is like the low 300s, but I'm not really up to date on it. But again, housing is not easy to find, as the Frum area is reasonably small for what it is.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 6:35 am
404-502-5921
She’s with Caldwell Banker. (She also has a great sheitl macher!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating