Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Rafael for a healthy baby?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:30 am
We really like the name Rafael but are concerned that people with think the baby is chas v'shalom sick if we use the name, especially as I'm expecting twins and there's more chances of things 'going wrong' (preemies etc.). Would you think anything of it?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:33 am
No. He's a malach.

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:35 am
I never thought this. I know people who named their (healthy) baby Refael and no, it literally never crossed by mind until reading this just now.

My 2 cents are that you should choose the name you love that is best for your baby and forget what anyone else might think. Refael is a beautiful name.

Bshaa tova!

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 5:15 am
Never thought of this before but if it’s a thought/connotation u have with the name. Strong enough that u think other ppl will think this way too than I would probably skip. Unless u love the name and someone else brought up the concern.... love the nickname rafi btw, one of my favorites!

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 7:15 am
I would think, well, it's a nice name. And the people I know who have used it because of an illness, it was because the person being named after had been ill, not because the baby was.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names