Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Question about cleaning lady’s hours...

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 11:00 am
I live in a big house and usually have a cleaning lady once a week for 5 hours & 45 minutes. I’m not good with keeping myself neat and clean although I love when it is like that. So the day that my cleaning lady comes my house looks great. The next day if I stay on top of it it can be okay too... but after that it’s downhill until she comes again .
What do you think about having someone come 4 mornings a week for 1.5 hours each time as opposed to all the hours put in 1x a week?
I’m afraid she won’t take her job as seriously if she knows it’s for a short time here and I’m worried she could easily cancel the 1.5 hours since she goes to other people throughout the day for a much longer time.
Just trying to make it work out better for me since I see that I become unhappy and nervous when my house is messy.
Sorry for this long rant... looking for good advice- thanks

esther36

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 11:06 am
I split my hours over three days... Shorter amount each time rather than a big chunk of time at once. I find three -2 hour slots maintains my house better than one six hour slot. I'm organized and keep to a schedule of what she does each day that she comes and that works best for me

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 11:09 am
it can't hurt to ask her - time will tell if it doesn't work out. (on account of costs and time to travel, most people wouldn't even accept a 1.5 hours timeslot).

ETA - she will be repeating tasks daily - overall she is going to be getting less done.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 11:13 am
She has to come to my neighbors anyway/ this would be before she starts with them

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 11:17 am
esther36 wrote:
I split my hours over three days... Shorter amount each time rather than a big chunk of time at once. I find three -2 hour slots maintains my house better than one six hour slot. I'm organized and keep to a schedule of what she does each day that she comes and that works best for me

That’s good advice- thank you

Amarante

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 11:46 am
If she does it, it seems great but I would also want her to come once a week for a longer period to take care of the deeper cleaning things since what she would be doing would be essentially neatening rather than cleaning in that short a time period.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:06 pm
Amarante wrote:
If she does it, it seems great but I would also want her to come once a week for a longer period to take care of the deeper cleaning things since what she would be doing would be essentially neatening rather than cleaning in that short a time period.

I agree. I would do twice a week 2 hours, and once a week 4 hours. If you can swing that..

Miri7

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 1:10 pm
I had a friend who had this. Cleaning lady came each weekday morning for 2 hours to do a "reset" of the house. Did a deep clean on Friday morning. But it ended up being more than 5-6 hours a week. More like 8 hours Mon-Thurs and 3-4 hours Friday. Something like that.

But she LOVED it and her big house was always so tidy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics