Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Child care subsidy
Previous  1  2

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 4:59 pm
amother wrote:
I work about the hours a week and she was pushing me to work at night when my husband could do child care. She didn't say I definitely wouldn't be approved but she gave me a hard time so I decided not to submit the application.

That was pretty much my experience with CHS as well. She questioned my hours and in general gave me a very hard time, so I decided not to continue with my application. I think they do that with everyone - they really don't want to pay it.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 5:03 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
That was pretty much my experience with CHS as well. She questioned my hours and in general gave me a very hard time, so I decided not to continue with my application. I think they do that with everyone - they really don't want to pay it.

Ugh
I wonder what else they're doing with the money that they so badly don't want to use it for its intended use Mad

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 5:14 pm
amother wrote:
I found some local providers that are licensed.

I work 12-18 hours a week and my husband works about 20. But we work at the same time. Lots of times I can't get my work done during the day because I'm busy with my LO, and I end up making it up at night. But the work does need to get done during the day. My job is suffering because I can't afford child care.

Just to add - I'm pretty sure that 12 - 18 hours a week is not enough to qualify. But you can always ask, there's no charge for asking, I guess.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 5:16 pm
amother wrote:
Really? Please please can you give me info? The lady I spoke to from the gov office made the process sound extremely intimidating (she said they have an "investigative unit" to look into all the workplaces and work arrangements, and made it sound like we basically have to give them info on every area of our lives)

Is your child's school authorized? Many schools offer after school programs and take this as payment. They can help you with the application process so it's not so intimidating.

R3D

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 9:22 am
I actually have it in NY. I'm not sure how easy it is to get onto the program these days. I have it already for a few years. It's easiest to apply when your pregnant. You need to go on welfare first and work 55 hrs. combined, if you have children under the age of 5. If older you need to both work 30 hrs. It's a huge headache and a lot of paper work. When you apply you need to give rent letters, deed, check stubs, employment letters, bank statements, utility bills. You cant have a leased car and can't have life insurance.....718-435-7572, he assists me with this

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 12:57 pm
So Interesting. Is there an Income cap for this?

R3D

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 6:54 pm
There definitely is, im just not sure how much. It's all figured how much you pay for housing, how many children...

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 7:20 pm
amother wrote:
So Interesting. Is there an Income cap for this?

You'd better believe it. We were never eligible.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 9:40 pm
Wow the NY program makes OH sound like a breeze. They verify, but they are pretty nice to you.

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Apr 21 2018, 8:33 pm
What's the income cap for a family of 3?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics