Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Netspark

stillgrowing

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 3:17 pm
I went to my local frum cell phone dealer and told him that although I need apps like whattsapp and pango, I wanto to limit or get rid of entirely my internet access. I just spend to much time online.
I thought that meant I could convert to a kosher smartphone but the dealer recommended netspark instead.
I had never heard of it before and would like to know more about it.

cnc

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 3:31 pm
It slows down the phone considerably but that may not matter to you if you don't need a browser. I use Gentech and I'm very happy with it.

jewwoman

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 3:56 pm
I use netspark. Iv had no problems with it except the price of the filter. It used to be 49$ it recently went up to $69 per year and when its on more than one device it can be quite costly. Other than that I find it great. Ihave an Android phone and dh also does although a different make phone and we both find netspark good

stillgrowing

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 4:10 pm
What does it actually do? How much internet access does it limit?

momwifedaughter

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 7:40 pm
Following

I need a filter that wld just filter inappropriate pix and site. Is there such a filter for a phone? I have an android.

flapsmom

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 11:47 pm
We use net spark and are happy with it. Basically it's a white list of the apps you want. Each app has levels of filtering which only the administrator can change. Some things are always blocked in all levels. Someone who just wants a basic filter can use it on the mildest setting for everything. You can also block your browser completely like op asked. I find it very flexible.

kiryat sefer

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 12:05 am
Google there are videos about it.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 4:31 am
Does it slow your phone down?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 4:35 am
Also, do you go through TAG or do it directly with them. I'm only looking to block filth.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 9:35 am
you can download it yourself.
just know it's gone up in price recently
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics