Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Bp/Williamsburg sheitels, are they different?

chag334

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 7:40 pm
Hi!! I’m looking for a cheap but nice Sheitel. I am red which makes it harder to find. Cheap as in under 1000 but I do have a standard so I might wind up waiting if I can’t find the right thing. I say bp/Williamsburg because I see that the hair is sewn in differently to provide more secure coverage around the edges/sides/nape like when the wind blows strongly. I bought sheitels in crown heights that expose my sideburns if not set right and they just don’t offer the true secure coverage that I want. Am I right? Can anyone speak to this? Thanks!

chag334

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 8:13 pm
Anyone?

cnc

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 9:10 pm
I don’t think that’s the case

brooklyn11211

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 9:14 pm
Never heard that, the companies don’t make special shaitels for Willi and bp

asmileaday

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 9:18 pm
The cap needs to fit right in order for the hairline to be covered. The city of purchase shouldn't quite make a difference.

As for your color, your best option in your price range would be to purchase a light blonde wig and have it custom colored.

chag334

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 10:00 pm
I meant that certain companies based in Williamsburg/bp would have a different technique in Sewing the hair in or that the cap would have certain features to offer maximum coverage.. Not that it would vary by city. Smile just that they cater to a Heimish crowd and build their caps or sew the hair to be placed more securely. I could totally be mistaken.

chag334

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 10:02 pm
As for your color, your best option in your price range would be to purchase a light blonde wig and have it custom colored.[/quote]

Oooh interesting. I wonder if that would affect how long I could wait between dyes tho. Would it oxidize quicker? Since the original color was so different? As opposed to buying red and dying to maintain.

chag334

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 10:05 pm
I saw this chassidish woman sitting outside on a very windy day and she sat there unphased by the wind. Her hair didn’t move so abruptly or reveal any edges etc. I was sitting there holding my head down so the wind didn’t blow mine in the wrong direction and reveal sideburns etc..
Is this normal??! Is my cap just too big?

asmileaday

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 10:06 pm
chag334 wrote:
As for your color, your best option in your price range would be to purchase a light blonde wig and have it custom colored.

Oooh interesting. I wonder if that would affect how long I could wait between dyes tho. Would it oxidize quicker? Since the original color was so different? As opposed to buying red and dying to maintain.

You will not find any wig in that price range or nearly that price range that will have 100% natural red hair.
A reputable company once told me that there is no such a thing as a natural red wig, even with the European lines. Everything is colored.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 10:08 pm
chag334 wrote:
I saw this chassidish woman sitting outside on a very windy day and she sat there unphased by the wind. Her hair didn’t move so abruptly or reveal any edges etc. I was sitting there holding my head down so the wind didn’t blow mine in the wrong direction and reveal sideburns etc..

Your cap may not be deep enough.

jweiss

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 10:17 pm
chag334 wrote:

She was likely wearing a synthetic wig if the hair did not move as abruptly as yours did. A synthetic red wig may infact be in your budget. I cant think of any companys that would sell a good quality full red wig for under a $1000.

chag334

Post Tue, Apr 17 2018, 11:32 pm
What about Shaina wigs? Or the freeda wigs discontinued line? Anyone have experience?

brooklyn11211

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 7:49 am
chag334 wrote:

Thing you need to keep in mind is that chasidish women shave, which means that it becomes like velcro, so when freshly shaven the shaitel sticks to the head, which may be why she didn’t seem fazed by the wind

southernbubby

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 9:34 am
I bought a very nice synthetic in Williamsburg for $300 last summer and it has held up for lots of wear. I believe the store is Synthetic Sensations or something like that. I took the B44 bus from CH to Flushing and began asking women where it was which was Lee or Wallabout.

Contact the Williamsburg Bullitin: http://www.willbulletin.com//

or get it as a weekly email because that wig store does advertise there occasionally but someone in the Bullitin office can help you, most likely

They did have to give me combs and a needle and thread to secure them since many of their customers don't have hair (they shave).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels