Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Morning schedule

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 5:08 am
Just trying to come up with ways to make mornings a little easier. What time do your kids wake up in the morning? What time do they leave for school? Do they have time to eat breakfast? Currently, my daughter wakes up at 6:30 and leaves for the bus at 7:45. Do other kids need over an hour to get ready in the mornings? I would love ideas from others on how to have a less hectic routine in the mornings. Thanks!

bookie

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 5:12 am
I think kids use the amount of time given to them. my girls are ready in 40 minutes. my son who leaves much later take much longer but only because he knows he has that extra time.

lfab

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 8:00 am
Officially my kids get up at 6:40 and we walk out the door to go to the bus at 7:35. However, often at least some of them get up earlier. If they do not get up earlier then 6:40 is when I go in to wake them up. In that time they get up, use the bathroom, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush their teeth, and make their beds. I find that the key to a less hectic morning, at least for me, is for me to wake up and be totally ready before I need to get them up. This means I get up early enough that I can get myself dressed, put on makeup, etc. before I wake them up at 6:40. I also do as much as I can the night before; homework is signed and put back in their bags, lunches totally packed and left in the fridge... The less you have to do in the morning the smoother things will go.
Also, keep in mind that each child is different. Some people (both kids and adults) move slower first thing in the morning and actually do need more time to get ready. I have one DD who can do everything she needs to do in the morning in about 20 minutes and another one who, most days, needs the full 55 minutes to be ready.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 8:29 am
I wake my kids at 7:45. They leave at 8:05. Their clothes are prepared the night before and they dress themselves. I dress one kid. Then we make hair, brush teeth, grab snacks..... and leave to the bus stop with a sandwich, some healthy crackers, cereal and milk, cereal bar... they refuse to eat a full breakfast at home. I make them drink before they leave though.

gumby

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 9:29 am
Son gets up at 7:30 leaves to the bus at 7:58 and eats a full breakfast. He gets dressed himself
Daughter gets up 7:40 leaves to the bus 8:08 and eats a full breakfast. She has her clothing prepared the night before and gets dressed herself.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 10:08 am
We wake up at 7. Self-dressers (and me) dress.
breakfast 7:20-7:35
735 - pack lunch, snacks.
Dc1 leaves at 750
I put dc2 on bus at 805
I clean up breakfast and dress other kids
I put dc3 on bus at 830
I get myself ready for work (makeup sheitel, etc)
900 I leave to work and drop dc4 at school on way.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 10:15 am
My kids ages 5 and 7 each take about an hour to get ready. I could rush them in half the time, but they wont be relaxed getting on to the bus. When dd was little I used to get her up and dressed in 10 minutes and she'd have breakfast in the car. It was doable, but I didn't give her time to breathe.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 11:42 am
We wake at 7:10 my younger ones. Older ones set alarms. Some like to set early and snooze....others not. Their choice.

Kids must be dressed and down by 7.40 (thats a rule). We dont need to dress anyone anymore but help people along.

School bags are packed night before except for lunches but I have in mind each eve whats for lunch the next day. Uniforms are layed out night before too for younger ones.

We come down. Eat. I make lunches while little ones eat. Bigger ones pack their own lunches. First kids leave 7.55. I leave 8.10 with younger ones.
My dh isnt around
Usually its calm and fine bh.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children