Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tashbar in Lakewood updated info?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 6:28 pm
We are looking into Tom's River and a friend thought Tashbar would be a good fit for us and our son. What kind of school is it?Parent body? Stance on English education? stance on secular influences like books and movies and the reality of what kids there are really exposed to and talk about? Newer methods? stance on physical and verbal bullying?

Thank you!

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 12:07 am
I'm just hoping you realize whether or not its good for you, it will be hard to get in. Most of the schools are packed.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 9:39 pm
I realize. At this point I’m just looking into if it’s a good fit. Anyone have information?

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 9:59 pm
They cater to more of the working crowd, but still like to have yeshiva families. They have a good hebrew and english curriculum with a lot of support for those who need. The school is against watching secular videos so the children hopefully shouldn't be talking about them at all.
They have a new, beautiful building with lots of space for the kids to play, which is a real plus.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Apr 22 2018, 11:41 am
Bump

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Apr 23 2018, 9:43 pm
Does anyone here send there?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 7:29 am
amother wrote:

There has to be. We're sending for next year. After having been rejected from other schools including places we had strong pull. I'm wondering if we were accepted easily because we are more to the yeshivish side of the parent body (we're still a bit out of the box)? Just hoping it's a good fit.

It does seem to be a very good school with excellent academics.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 11:04 am
amother wrote:

I do. I'm very happy with the education there. I think it has the best English education of all the boys' schools in Lakewood.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 8:18 pm
amother wrote:
I do. I'm very happy with the education there. I think it has the best English education of all the boys' schools in Lakewood.

Do they use new methods of teaching and education in general?

chat

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 8:55 pm
I send there and am very happy. nice mixed crowd. good academics.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 9:20 pm
Bump

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 8:02 pm
Anyone else send there? Still trying to decide if the move is right for us. Thank you!

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 8:35 pm
OP, why don’t you tell us what school you currently send to so we can tell you if we think it’s similar.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 8:46 pm
It’s a small school in Brooklyn, so I prefer not to say but I’m looking for something that’s Frum, without being crazy - don’t want my kids to think everything secular is bad, they read, play sports, are aware of current events etc.. but I don’t really let them watch anything secular. I do let my son watch sports occasionally. My husband wears colored shirts, I have a longish Sheitel, but we are a nice, normal, Flatbush family. We are not litvish or yeshivish, we consider ourselves on the Heimish side.

I’m most concerned if the kids learn well (my kids are kah very bright), have time for playing (super healthy and important outlet), the school is run professionally and that they don’t allow bullying (my son can sometimes become a target because he is sensitive), if they are old school in the way they teach and discipline or can they have a chanoch linaar al pi darko perspective.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 9:09 pm
OP,

You sound very similar to me. I am a long time parent in the school, I have one son that already graduated.

It is a wonderful school with outstanding rebbeim. Your son will be encouraged to reach great heights in learning and he will see that he can. At the same time the boys are very well rounded. There are always new skill methods and programs that are being introduced.

Playing sports is greatly encouraged- they have many outdoor courts- my son plays basketball, football, (baseball in the spring) on a constant basis.

English is valued and is very important- they have a full day of English on Sunday. It definitely is stronger in the younger grades, though.

The boys definitely know what’s going on with sports. I don’t think most kids watch games on a regular basis. I think for most kids it’s a phase- by the time my son got to 8th grade he was disinterested. Baseball cards are taken away if they are brought to school. Most of the rebbeim send their own kids there which to me shows that they have trust in their parent body.

Overall, it is a wonderful school. Hatzlacha!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 16 2019, 9:14 pm
I really appreciate your response. Thank you! Hatzlacha to you as well!

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 2:06 pm
Bump.
How does it compare to orchos chaim?
Anyone know tuition cost?

oneofakind

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 2:51 pm
Orchos Chaim is the most expensive (sorry, forgot exact number) and is even harder to get into than Tashbar. It is an all around excellent school.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 3:02 pm
Op here. We moved and are sending to tashbar Bh. Too soon to tell but it seems like a great school! A close family member sends to
Orchos Chaim and thought we would have been a good fit there too. They are very happy too bh

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Sep 06 2019, 3:23 pm
I'm not so happy in our current school so thinking of switching to TAshbar... if anyone has descriptive info in terms of how smoothly school is run (primary kids - are they shown the bathroom? Are they shown to the proper buses?), middos stressed, "jappy-ness " or lack thereof of students, I'm all ears
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating