Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What to do about oil stains...

amother
Red

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 9:42 pm
I noticed dark spots on a navy t-shirt material dress so I washed in cold water and hung to dry. The spots are still there! It must be oil. How can I remove oil stains?? This is a new dress and a favorite...

rae

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 9:46 pm
Rub Palmolive dishwashing soap on stain. Let sit for a few hours and wash. My daughter spilled olives in oil all over her cream dress and it worked!! Good luck.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Apr 18 2018, 10:12 pm
rae wrote:
Rub Palmolive dishwashing soap on stain. Let sit for a few hours and wash. My daughter spilled olives in oil all over her cream dress and it worked!! Good luck.

Thank you!

shanie5

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 9:17 pm
I do the same with Dawn dishwahing soap

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 9:42 pm
I do similar. Make the garment fully wet (keeping in mind where the oil stains are before doing so).
Spread a bit of dawn original blue dish saw between palms. Rub soapy palms into stains.
Allow garment to sit a bit. Scrub out with cleaning toothbrush.
Don't forget to rinse out all the soap before placing the garment into the washing machine to wash as usual, or you can damage with high efficiency machine from the suds.

President

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 10:44 pm
I have this on all my kids cotton (not cotton knit) skirts, tops etc. Actual dirt like stuck on food etc. comes off but the spots always stay and it's not oil stains. I'm going crazy. Can't figure out how to get rid of them. Like my daughters shabbos rove is FULL of those spots from head to toe! They look like oil stains but they're not. Any ideas?

amother
Red

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 10:54 pm
President wrote:
I have this on all my kids cotton (not cotton knit) skirts, tops etc. Actual dirt like stuck on food etc. comes off but the spots always stay and it's not oil stains. I'm going crazy. Can't figure out how to get rid of them. Like my daughters shabbos rove is FULL of those spots from head to toe! They look like oil stains but they're not. Any ideas?

Why don’t you try the Palmolive or dawn idea that was mentioned here?

How do you know it’s not an oil based stain?
My kids got oil stains from homemade kosher l’pesach ice cream-.. technically they were eating ice cream but the main ingredient is oil
I noticed many new stains last week.. I asked my kids what it could be from? They said they were eating soup at a chasuna we went to and it dripped a lot. I’m assuming there was a lot of oil in the soup to leave those dark spots/ the soup was orange- the spots are dark/oil

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 19 2018, 11:05 pm
President wrote:

Use dish soap. It breaks down oils, dirt, proteins.
You may need to rub, let rest, scrub and then repeat a few times. Don't put anything in the dryer that may still have a stain on it.

amother
Black

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 5:24 am
President wrote:

If you use fabric softener it could be from that
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry