Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Basement renovations

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 11:15 am
We are going to be finishing our basement in the near future. What are some things you wish you had/didnt have in the basement? Right now we are hoping to put 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, laundry room and play room.

happy12

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 11:23 am
I also put in a storage closet. A walk in with shelving

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 11:27 am
A pesach kitchen? An exercise area? Storage for large items like extra strollers?

If you can put the laundry room on the same floor as the bedrooms, you'll have a much easier time doing laundry. If not, make sure you have space for hanging items and the ironing board.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 11:34 am
happy12 wrote:
I also put in a storage closet. A walk in with shelving

What sort of things do you use it for?

happy12

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 11:39 am
My pesach things. All the items I stock up on sale. The toys that my children are to old for and grandchildren are to young for , ex. Brio, lego, clicks which I won't give away. And extra laundry rack for the laundry room when I do lots of laundry.
Have your plans done by a planner to make proper use of the space but come with your own basic idea.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Apr 20 2018, 12:04 pm
amother wrote:
What sort of things do you use it for?

One section for storage of extra like cups, beverages, detergent, soap...

One section for all pesach items so you don't have to store items in cardboard boxes. Everything should be accessible so you can keep pots or dishes or whatever downstairs during pesach if you want to and only bring up as needed so you don't have to empty regular kitchen cabinets for pesach. Also so you can reach items easily even year round so you don't have to spend as much koach knowing what you have and most importantly turning over.

1 section for tools/ supplies/ art /sewing whatever. You know the stuff you need specific designates places for but never have.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics