Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What's the correct way...

Blumy

Post Mon, Apr 23 2018, 12:29 pm
to wear ur rings? wedding band first or diamond ring?

nw11

Post Mon, Apr 23 2018, 1:58 pm
There is no proper way. But I like to put my diamond ring on first and have the wedding ring on top. So if something falls off, it's the (less expensive) wedding ring.

flapsmom

Post Mon, Apr 23 2018, 1:59 pm
I don't think there's a rule. I know plenty of ppl who only wear one ring. Personally I wear the diamond first and wedding band on top simply cuz that ring is slightly tighter and it feels more secure that way.

zaq

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 10:22 pm
The traditional "rule", which few people care about and which you are free to ignore, is that the wedding ring goes on first, closer to the vein that supposedly runs from the third finger of the left hand directly to the heart. Personally I think it makes more sense to have the engagement ring first, since a. it's the ring most women acquire first, and b. as nw11 said, if one falls off, the (usually) less costly one would be it. But do what feels right to you, including wearing the two rings on different hands--or just one ring--or none-- if that floats your boat.

challahchallah

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 10:43 pm
I was also taught the traditional "rule" that the wedding band goes closer to your heart and that's how I always wear it.

But as others have said, wear it however you like.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics