Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
No Posts allowed about Nutrition by Tanya Rosen
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 9:21 am
crust wrote:
No. You should go for a degree in marketing. Wink

Can you elaborate? Not sure what a marketing degree is. I'm in college 2 years already and did most core subjects.…but I must decide soon!

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 9:27 am
Again, she is successful and worked hard for what she’s built. And people love her. I’m happy for her for that. If they know exactly what they’re getting when they sign up, then fine. I just wish she would be transparent, honest, and not manipulative or bully, and stop her unhealthy tactics. What she did to Yael and fb groups is not ok.

Last edited by watergirl on Thu, Apr 26 2018, 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 9:33 am
So I open up the TACHLIS today morning. What do I see a recipe from Tanya I litterly ripped that page out, I do not want to see her name not on packages or magazines! Im horrified.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 9:41 am
amother wrote:
So I open up the TACHLIS today morning. What do I see a recipe from Tanya I litterly ripped that page out, I do not want to see her name not on packages or magazines! Im horrified.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

crust

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 10:21 am
amother wrote:
Can you elaborate? Not sure what a marketing degree is. I'm in college 2 years already and did most core subjects.…but I must decide soon!

I was trying to point out that its not that there's a need for RD.
The reason diet companies are so sought after is because they have excellent PR and not necassarily because what they offer is so valuable.

People believe what they see in ads.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 10:28 am
I can't stop thinking about this, this whole saga makes my stomach turn.
Argggghhh. Tanya, please come on here and tell us this is one big mistake, and some imposter sent this letter. Please restore our faith in people.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 10:33 am
crust wrote:
I was trying to point out that its not that there's a need for RD.
The reason diet companies are so sought after is because they have excellent PR and not necassarily because what they offer is so valuable.

People believe what they see in ads.

I was just telling someone about this so I’m posting anon because I also told her to join this site. Its also a thing called Authority Bias - you believe someone is legit because they have a white coat and initials after their name. PR helps with this as well. Who cares what the initials stand for. Just being there is enough.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 10:38 am
amother wrote:
I was just telling someone about this so I’m posting anon because I also told her to join this site. Its also a thing called Authority Bias - you believe someone is legit because they have a white coat and initials after their name. PR helps with this as well. Who cares what the initials stand for. Just being there is enough.

That's another thing. I was very surprised to see her wearing a white lab coat on her internet page.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 10:43 am
amother wrote:
That's another thing. I was very surprised to see her wearing a white lab coat on her internet page.

Its so people will get confused and think she’s a real healthcare professional. An RD. Something.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 10:46 am
InnerMe wrote:
I can't stop thinking about this, this whole saga makes my stomach turn.
Argggghhh. Tanya, please come on here and tell us this is one big mistake, and some imposter sent this letter. Please restore our faith in people.

It's no mistake. Sorry. A day before this She posted both on her Instagram and her whatsapp for people to please stop sending her messages about negative things they see online because she is too busy buying belts. Or something like that.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:00 am
amother wrote:

I'm not crust - but having gone to a "secular" college, I have noticed that most of my classmates were going for marketing degrees. I've heard that it's an over-saturated market - but I could be wrong. Do your research before committing to a degree in marketing.

As for a nutrition degree - there are no frum colleges that offer this, AFAIK, and there can be many halachic shaylos that would come up when doing this through a "regular" college. For example, milk and meat cannot be cooked together, etc. Even planning menus, while probably allowed, can be complicated for a frum Jewish girl. Not saying it's impossible - but there would be a lot to navigate if you decide to do this.

doctorima

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:00 am
Too bad she didn't learn from Trump and his "fixer" Michael Cohen that bullying and legal intimidation never end well...

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:01 am
Squishy wrote:
I don't think a license is so necessary in this field according to some to make mega bucks.

I would never go to someone who was not legit licensed for nutritional counseling. I also wouldn't go to unlicensed Doctors, nor would I go to unlicensed personal trainers.

You need seichel and a liscence.

My husband once went to a licence nutritionist, she had no siechel.
That was the first and last time he did any of those things......
She made him eat HALF the calories he ate. (He eats around 4k calories and gaining around 5 lbs a year. According to my reasearch he should be eating around 3k she wanted him eating 2k!) He's tall and active.
"I" as a sahm eat that much. And I don't eat much. The poor guy was hungry.

I suggested to her to maybe slowly go down in the amount of calories every week. Starting with 100 less the first 2 days..... or maybe she has any other ideas. And that 2k is too little for such a tall guy. She was annoyed....

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:04 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
I'm not crust - but having gone to a "secular" college, I have noticed that most of my classmates were going for marketing degrees. I've heard that it's an over-saturated market - but I could be wrong. Do your research before committing to a degree in marketing.

As for a nutrition degree - there are no frum colleges that offer this, AFAIK, and there can be many halachic shaylos that would come up when doing this through a "regular" college. For example, milk and meat cannot be cooked together, etc. Even planning menus, while probably allowed, can be complicated for a frum Jewish girl. Not saying it's impossible - but there would be a lot to navigate if you decide to do this.

There are plenty of frum RDs, which is a Masters I believe. Cooking isnt required.

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:08 am
watergirl wrote:
There are plenty of frum RDs, which is a Masters I believe. Cooking isnt required.

I know someone who is looking into this degree and this is what she was told. Can you elaborate? This would be helpful to me.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:11 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
I know someone who is looking into this degree and this is what she was told. Can you elaborate? This would be helpful to me.

TTI can help. There are many online RD programs.

Re marketing, perhaps a lot of people are studying it, but with the rapid advancement of social media etc, there is a huge demand, at least in the frum world.

dvorak613

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:13 am
watergirl wrote:
Pro bono doesnt mean free. It means the client doesnt pay, but it also means the attorney who takes on the case pays the fees out of their own pocket, and the fees add up. It also means that the attorney has to lose billable time that she needs to make. And likely lose time traveling as well. I totally agree that this is absurd. But is the need to unban this topic so great that someone needs to incur these expenses?

That's why I also suggested raising the money. We've raised money before for members who needed help. We can raise money to save the integrity of this online community. We shouldn't have to take this lying down.

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:15 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

I dont know a lot, just what I’ve gleaned from my RD. Who told her this? She should speak to actual RDs.

OutATowner

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:20 am
Posting under my sn even if I get bashed.
I had a few things to add to this discussion, just as passionate as everyone here, and in full agreement. But then I realized there is really no toeles (of course there are many rationalizations that can say it is.) And I refrained as a refuah shelama for a 4year old with cancer. Shmuel ben Chana.
We are not any better than her by speaking so much loshan hora. Take a deep breath and move on. My life will not be any better if I contribute to this. I will still enjoy this site without threads about Tanya. No one has to listen to me, and I don't expect people to. Bit if you do refrain from speaking l"h, please do it as a refuah shelama for the child above.

Last edited by OutATowner on Thu, Apr 26 2018, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:23 am
OutATowner wrote:
Posting under my sn even if I get bashed.
I had a few things to add to this discussion, just as passionate as everyone here, and in full agreement. But then I realized there is really no toeles (of course there are many rationalizations that can say it is.) And I refrained as a refuah shelama for a 4year old with cancer. Shmuel ben Chana.
We are not any better than her by speaking so much loshan hora. Take a deep breath and move on. My life will not be any better if I conteibute to this. I will still enjoy this site without threads abour Tanya. No one has to listen to me, and I don't expect people to. Bit if you do refrain from speaking l"h, please do it as a refuah shelama for the child above.

Just said a perek of tehillim for you son. Hope he has a refuah shelaima bekarov.
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise