Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
No Posts allowed about Nutrition by Tanya Rosen
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

2yrdeduction

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:13 pm
amother wrote:
Same! And I was just defending her on the other post! Rolling Eyes

Me too!! The belt is coming off! Freedom of expression is more important to me that my diet

InnerMe

amother wrote:
Even if she would absolutely lose in court or her case would get dismissed, Yael understandably doesn't want to deal with the nuisance, headache and expense of defending a legal battle.

This is straight up bullying behavior. Exploding anger

Ugghh. Uggh. Ugh. I am unable to wrap my brain around this.

amother
Sienna

amother wrote:
This is so upsetting that you fall for it and her letter should be publicized.
Tanya BLACKMAILED Yael.
She can be dragged to court. Not you.

This is plain old fashioned blackmailing.

Not blackmail, but yes bullying and very upsetting.

watergirl

Yael handled it perfectly. No echo chambers here.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:14 pm
amother wrote:
Even if she would absolutely lose in court or her case would get dismissed, Yael understandably doesn't want to deal with the nuisance, headache and expense of defending a legal battle.

This is straight up bullying behavior. Exploding anger

It’s part of owning a website and being in business, sorry.
If you u can’t deal with the legal stuff and stick up for your customers, then don’t be in this business at all.

Raisin

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:14 pm
amother wrote:
This is so upsetting that you fall for it and her letter should be publicized.
Tanya BLACKMAILED Yael.
She can be dragged to court. Not you.

This is plain old fashioned blackmailing.

No, blackmailing would be threatening to tell the world or the police that Yael committed some social or actual crime. eg robbed her local bank or didn't put her toddler in a carseat. Or wore shlumpy clothes and overate on shabbos. Yael doesn't want anyone to know her guilty secret so listens to Tanya and does what she wants.

Threatening - I will take you to court or harm you in some other way if you don't do what I say.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:16 pm
amother wrote:
It’s part of owning a website and being in business, sorry.
If you u can’t deal with the legal stuff and stick up for your customers, then don’t be in this business at all.

I take issue with your post.
Do you pay a monthly membership to Yael?

Orchid

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:16 pm
Either the lady in question or her lawyers are on this site, so I'll address this to them:

Read up about the Streisand Effect. I've even helpfully included a link. You're welcome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....ffect

InnerMe

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:20 pm
Orchid wrote:
Either the lady in question or her lawyers are on this site, so I'll address this to them:

Read up about the Streisand Effect. I've even helpfully included a link. You're welcome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....ffect

Exactly.
It only backfires. Badly.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:33 pm
Well, this was definitely good motivation to unfollow them on Instagram. I was pretty neutral before. This is just ridiculous. All the more reason to cease considering using them.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:40 pm
This has been debated for the past few years about the rights of people to complain on social media about a product or service. From what I read, a reviewer cannot be sued for simply stating an opinion such as "I don't like the flavor of the muffins" or something similar (just an example because I never tasted the muffins).

They can be sued, however, if false factual information was given such as saying something factually false about the quality of the muffins such as saying that they were made in China and imported.

On most social media threads, there could be a mixture of both, expressions of opinion with nothing factual stated, and false factual information.

sirel

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:41 pm
Any lawyers out there who can explain how this works?

Yael , this is ridiculous. I'm sorry you got caught up in it.

And now I want to publicize this thread so that everyone sees it Twisted Evil

It's not negative information about Tanya, only facts, right?

Continue bumping it up, people!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:47 pm
How does this differ than Yelp, let's say, or trip advisor? Or even Amazon! Where negative reviews are the norm.
This is so pathetic.
Tanya, that was an even worse move on your part, and you just lost another supporter. FAIL.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:53 pm
amother wrote:
How does this differ than Yelp, let's say, or trip advisor? Or even Amazon! Where negative reviews are the norm.
This is so pathetic.
Tanya, that was an even worse move on your part, and you just lost another supporter. FAIL.

It can either be an opinion or a true statement such as "I could no longer afford it" and then nobody could be sued. Saying that it causes eating disorders could get someone sued because now they need absolute proof that this diet approach has a track record for causing eating disorders in individuals who were previously free of those disorders. That person could legally say, that they used those tips to lose weight when they were not supposed to be losing weight and that doesn't reflect negatively on the company.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:53 pm
amother wrote:
This is so pathetic.

They have legal departments. Yael does not.

"this" is someone sending a cease and desist letter. They aren't unusual or uncommon.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:55 pm
southernbubby wrote:
This has been debated for the past few years about the rights of people to complain on social media about a product or service. From what I read, a reviewer cannot be sued for simply stating an opinion such as "I don't like the flavor of the muffins" or something similar (just an example because I never tasted the muffins).

They can be sued, however, if false factual information was given such as saying something factually false about the quality of the muffins such as saying that they were made in China and imported.

On most social media threads, there could be a mixture of both, expressions of opinion with nothing factual stated, and false factual information.

Defamation suits are extremely difficult to win. And even if the plaintiff wins, very hard to prove damages.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:55 pm
I wonder what impact it would have if we all unfollow all her social media accounts today.
Shall we try?

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:58 pm
southernbubby wrote:
It can either be an opinion or a true statement such as "I could no longer afford it" and then nobody could be sued. Saying that it causes eating disorders could get someone sued because now they need absolute proof that this diet approach has a track record for causing eating disorders in individuals who were previously free of those disorders. That person could legally say, that they used those tips to lose weight when they were not supposed to be losing weight and that doesn't reflect negatively on the company.

I think a fair argument can be made that the statement, a particular diet causes eating disorders, was intended as a personal opinion, not medical advice, given the context in which it was made.

Sebastian

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 5:59 pm
My opinion of her just went down a bunch of notches.

That was low Tanya.

watergirl

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:00 pm
amother wrote:
I wonder what impact it would have if we all unfollow all her social media accounts today.
Shall we try?

No impact at all. She has over 50k followers.
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise