Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
No Posts allowed about Nutrition by Tanya Rosen
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

southernbubby

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:02 pm
amother wrote:
I think a fair argument can be made that the statement, a particular diet causes eating disorders, was intended as a personal opinion, not medical advice, given the context in which it was made.

The way that it was stated on this site was as a personal opinion or experience and not as a factual statement that the diet causes eating disorders.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:04 pm
Would be great if we can explode her Facebook and Instagram accounts with messages.
Let her go crazy from reading (or ignoring) them all!
Very Happy

sbmom

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:16 pm
amother wrote:
It’s part of owning a website and being in business, sorry.
If you u can’t deal with the legal stuff and stick up for your customers, then don’t be in this business at all.

I also take issue with your post.

Yael - awesome job and I understand your position. You are handling this so well. I continue to be impressed with the way you run this site.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:28 pm
sbmom wrote:
I also take issue with your post.

Yael - awesome job and I understand your position. You are handling this so well. I continue to be impressed with the way you run this site.

Sorry I do take back my post.
I don’t know what it takes to fight such a wild and immature person who is only out to get anyone who says a word against her.
I guess this is the best and easiest way for Yael to handle her.

I just wish we can all group together and get the truth out somehow.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:30 pm
amother wrote:
It’s part of owning a website and being in business, sorry.
If you u can’t deal with the legal stuff and stick up for your customers, then don’t be in this business at all.

To paraphrase Kenny Rogers completely out of context, part of owning a business is knowing when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em, when to walk away, and when to run.

This is a tangential little blip on this group, and Yael has made the considered decision not to waste any time, energy or money on it. Sure, the Bad Guy wins. It happens. But Yael gets to sleep at night.

There's plenty of other places to discuss whether or not its a good idea to get dieting advice from someone without a degree or other certification in nutrition.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:33 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry I do take back my post.
I don’t know what it takes to fight such a wild and immature person who is only out to get anyone who says a word against her.
I guess this is the best and easiest way for Yael to handle her.

I just wish we can all group together and get the truth out somehow.

First off - we aren't 'customers' of Yael.

Secondly - if you are volunteering your money to hire a lawyer to respond to these letters, and represent her in court/settlement if/when an actual lawsuit is levied - please contact Yael directly - she may just take you up on it.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:40 pm
amother wrote:
First off - we aren't 'customers' of Yael.

Secondly - if you are volunteering your money to hire a lawyer to respond to these letters, and represent her in court/settlement if/when an actual lawsuit is levied - please contact Yael directly - she may just take you up on it.

We sure are. She doesn’t do this site for chesed exactly.
But I agree she did the right thing here.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:43 pm
amother wrote:
We sure are. She doesn’t do this site for chesed exactly.
But I agree she did the right thing here.

I am not paying Yael any money to access this site. She has ZERO duties to me as a customer of hers.

What I am is a demographic that can be selectively marketed to, and that is how Yael profits from this site.

ETA - she did start this for chesed

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:46 pm
amother wrote:
I am not paying Yael any money to access this site. She has ZERO duties to me as a customer of hers.

What I am is a demographic that can be selectively marketed to, and that is how Yael profits from this site.

Nope she has no duties to us and I never said she did.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:48 pm
amother wrote:

You sure did. if you think she needs to 'stick up for you as a customer' then that means you feel she owes you one.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 6:48 pm
amother wrote:

"sticking up for your customers" would be an example of a duty.

watergirl

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 7:39 pm
amother wrote:
Would be great if we can explode her Facebook and Instagram accounts with messages.
Let her go crazy from reading (or ignoring) them all!
Very Happy

She blocked me on fb when there was a thread in a fb group about her spamming simchaspot posts and she didnt like my comments.

Regardless, the goal shouldnt be to upset her or take away parnassa. The goal as far as I’m concerned is for her to be transparent and truthful with what her credentials mean, and for her to stop these tactics of hers. Why make her crazy or upset? It wont help and its futile.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 8:41 pm
watergirl wrote:
She blocked me on fb when there was a thread in a fb group about her spamming simchaspot posts and she didnt like my comments.

Oh yeah, I just saw that she was commenting on people's engagement pics, "mazal tov. We can help you get in shape before your wedding!" totally outrageous.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 8:48 pm
I sent her a message too and she blocked me Very Happy

How immature I’m embarrassed for her.

pause

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 9:31 pm
Wow! I also defended her on the the other thread even though I've never used her, just based on family and friends' experiences. But now? I wouldn't go near her with a ten foot pole... This is a really bad stain on her reputation.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 9:35 pm
amother wrote:
Oh so we can say Trump is a pig and a moron but I can’t post a true post about my experience with Tanya?
Last I checked this is America with freedom of speech.

Yael, why are you intimated of something totally legal? For all you know the letter isn’t even real?

I think Yael can identify what constitutes a letter.

gold21

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 9:39 pm
Yikes. Creepy move by Tanya and Co.

shock

I mean, social media is social media. It's an open platform for people to speak their minds and state their truth. That's what makes it so unique and that's why its so popular and effective.

You can't change social media by trying to micromanage what people think and say- it doesn't work like that.

That's just really weird.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 9:57 pm
One word. Absurd!

Any big business is bound to have people discussing it- good and bad. That is called life. I would like to meet her lawyer and have a chat btw....

WhatFor

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 10:13 pm
Orchid wrote:
Either the lady in question or her lawyers are on this site, so I'll address this to them:

Read up about the Streisand Effect. I've even helpfully included a link. You're welcome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....ffect

I'll vouch for it. As someone who is at this very moment living life by eating ice cream straight out of a tub, I'd not have read two posts into a straight thread about a diet program.

But this thread was far more interesting. I've read the entire thing, and even searched for her on private Facebook groups. If any of my friends mention the program, I'll say, "I heard she or her lawyers send cease and desist letters to people who try to criticize her program."

If she has something of value to offer, she should just let the strength of her offering carry the business, and not have to rely on cease and desist letters.

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 10:29 pm
amother wrote:
Oh yeah, I just saw that she was commenting on people's engagement pics, "mazal tov. We can help you get in shape before your wedding!" totally outrageous.

She should be embarrassed by that. What a horrible thing to do to a kallah.
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise