Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
No Posts allowed about Nutrition by Tanya Rosen
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

rainbow

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 10:39 pm
WhatFor wrote:
I. As someone who is at this very moment living life by eating ice cream straight out of a tub, .

Which brand are you digging? Ice cream is my favorite thing Wink

pause

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 10:51 pm
I kept on thinking about this as I was cleaning up my house. Two observations:

1) Nutrition by Tanya is now officially a banned controversial topic on imamother, on par with homesexuality, meshichisten, and Women of the Wall.... LOL

2) When someone needs to bully the naysayers, it makes me wonder what they're so afraid of. When I read the original thread, I thought, ok, some people take diets too far... maybe they're paranoid or something... They're the outliers, and I didn't pay much attention. However, now that Tanya herself took them so seriously, I wonder if there actually is truth to their statements. She actually gave them credibility in my eyes now! Way to go, smartypants! Shooting Arrow

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 10:59 pm
pause wrote:

1) Nutrition by Tanya is now officially a banned controversial topic on imamother, on par with homesexuality, meshichisten, and Women of the Wall.... LOL

2) When someone needs to bully the naysayers, it makes me wonder what they're so afraid of. When I read the original thread, I thought, ok, some people take diets too far... maybe they're paranoid or something... They're the outliers, and I didn't pay much attention. However, now that Tanya herself took them so seriously, I wonder if there actually is truth to their statements. She actually gave them credibility in my eyes now! Way to go, smartypants! Shooting Arrow

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:14 pm
I hope all her loyal poster who came on here just to defend her in previous threads, are all reading this thread!
I

crust

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:24 pm
WhatFor wrote:
I'll vouch for it. As someone who is at this very moment living life by eating ice cream straight out of a tub, I'd not have read two posts into a straight thread about a diet program.

But this thread was far more interesting. I've read the entire thing, and even searched for her on private Facebook groups. If any of my friends mention the program, I'll say, "I heard she or her lawyers send cease and desist letters to people who try to criticize her program."

If she has something of value to offer, she should just let the strength of her offering carry the business, and not have to rely on cease and desist letters.

One up for Tanya.
Slowly slowly we can find the positive. LOL

After having some good laughs from reading this thread I really feel like I owe her some hakaros hatov. It's not everyday that ima has such good a thread. Wink

Dearest Tanya
Thank you.
You made my night.

happyfaces

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:32 pm
Wow! Just wow!!!

smss

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:40 pm
Her diet's not my thing but I used to follow her for weight loss inspiration. Got annoyed though by the way she posts success stories with "good job [nutrition counselor] on your client!" (This is not libel Rolling Eyes you can see it all over her IG posts.)
Like, the client is a project that the counselor successfully completed as opposed to a person who put in a lot of hard work. Yuck.

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:42 pm
I will say, I’m currently on Tanya’s plan and it really works for me. I always take her ‘tips’ like pouring soap on food as humor, and never actually implemented them. I could understand how it would be triggering for other people though.
And no I do not agree with how she is going about his. It is definitely abuse.
But her plan works for me, and I am a happy client.

[This post was already quoted so I'm leaving it for now, but please refer to the op: Since Tanya's lawyers have forbidden negative posts regarding Tanya on this site, positive reviews are also no longer allowed. - merelyme, as mod]

happyone

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:52 pm
Wow. Nothing will cease to amaze me. What a loser she is! Yael, you handled this brilliantly!

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 25 2018, 11:57 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
I will say, I’m currently on Tanya’s plan and it really works for me. I always take her ‘tips’ like pouring soap on food as humor, and never actually implemented them. I could understand how it would be triggering for other people though.

Just want to point out, and I know nothing about her or her methods other than what I read tonight, that just because a particular diet plan works in that you lose weight, doesn't mean that it's good for you or healthy.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 12:05 am
amother wrote:
Just want to point out, and I know nothing about her or her methods other than what I read tonight, that just because a particular diet plan works in that you lose weight, doesn't mean that it's good for you or healthy.

As in short term gains versus long term losses?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 12:39 am
amother wrote:
As in short term gains versus long term losses?

I don’t know if this is what the previous poster was intimating.
I just want to say there is so much more to nutrition than weight gain/loss. Eating well means eating for your brain, for your long term health, for your energy, for your sleep...the way you look is the least of it.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 12:44 am
amother wrote:
the way you look is the least of it.

You and I and many others know this. And at the same time, there are many women for whom looking good is an ideal they strive for. Some will do sleeve surgery, or whatever it's called; to achieve that ideal.

The majority of women/people are not pumped about eating for vitality and wellness, though they're pumped about eating for "looking good" and weight loss.

It is what it is. We can't change the world. We can only direct our own lives.

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 12:49 am
HeartyAppetite wrote:

Wow. I don’t know anything about her diet plans (I guess I’ve been living under a rock!) but I do know a thing or two about putting soap (or water or some other damaging substance) on food, and whether she intends it or not if she advocates such a thing she is absolutely teaching eating disorder “strategies.” Will it “give people eating disorders?” Maybe not, but it absolutely will harm people already struggling, and can tip people over the edge who are teetering into an unhealthy place. And just so we’re clear, it’s not just people who need to lose weight who turn to diets. “Biggest Loser” had an alarmingly huge following of anorexic and bulimic viewers.

Again, I know nothing about this specific woman and her specific diet plan, but this post jumped out at me as a glaring red flag. Nothing cute or funny about it at all. If you want to make an argument that maybe it’s a good approach for certain specific people, fine, possibly. But spreading this kind of “advice” on a grand scale (as it seems she was doing?) is reckless.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 12:50 am
amother wrote:
You and I and many others know this. And at the same time, there are many women for whom looking good is an ideal they strive for. Some will do sleeve surgery, or whatever it's called; to achieve that ideal.

The majority of women/people are not pumped about eating for vitality and wellness, though they're pumped about eating for "looking good" and weight loss.

It is what it is. We can't change the world. We can only direct our own lives.

very true. which is why those who are interested in eating for health - are quite taken by TRs claim that she is about nutrition. A brief survey of her social media output makes it clear she is about weight loss, and controlling self from eating.

Queen18

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 12:51 am
I am shocked at the hate here.

Zehava

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 1:02 am
pause wrote:

Na the controversial topics on imamother are birth control, kollel/parental support, government programs, potching kids, tuition breaks, and spending lots of money.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 1:11 am
Zehava wrote:
Na the controversial topics on imamother are birth control, kollel/parental support, government programs, potching kids, tuition breaks, and spending lots of money.

add
shaving and driving

Jewishmom8

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 4:41 am
What is Tanya so worried about???
This makes me think she has a lot to be scared of.
OMG

Raisin

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 5:54 am
amother wrote:

She keeps her diet plan secret because she wants people to pay lots of money to sign up to it. But I saw what a fb friend was eating and it didn't look unhealthy or too little food. Typical diet of low fat proteins, lots of veggies, small amount of carbs, some fruit. Probably similar to what one would eat on ww.

The main advantage of her diet is that people pay so much money they don't want to waste it by cheating and they are accountable to the coaches.
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise