Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
No Posts allowed about Nutrition by Tanya Rosen
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

saw50st8

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 3:37 am
Yael, I'm sorry you aren't fighting this bogus cease and desist letter, but I understand.

CatLady

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 4:09 am
Quote:
add
shaving and driving

If texting and driving is illegal, then shaving and driving is probably also against the law. Just sayin'...

I'd never heard of Tanya Rosen before yesterday. But my late mother always used to tell me to pick my battles. It seems that Yael got the same words of wisdom passed down to her.

Stars

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 4:18 am
Wow. That was a dumb move.

dvorak613

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 4:28 am
pause wrote:
I kept on thinking about this as I was cleaning up my house. Two observations:

1) Nutrition by Tanya is now officially a banned controversial topic on imamother, on par with homesexuality, meshichisten, and Women of the Wall.... LOL

SNIP

I was thinking the same. A specific "nutritionist" in Brooklyn is now on par with major religious and philosophical issues that got too explosive here. Like, seriously? Of course I understand why Yael doesn't want to deal with the hassle in fighting it, but it just really rankles. There are a lot of members here who are lawyers, is there anyone who is willing to take this on pro bono? Or if someone named a price, perhaps we could raise the money through go fund me? I'd be happy to contribute to such a cause, because I am extremely disturbed by Tanya's actions and really don't want to see her get away with it.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 4:46 am
Ironic how Tanya is threatening anyone who gives her bad publicity, but this is giving her a lot worse than bad publicity....

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 4:50 am
What she did over the years is create a cult like following....With a lot of negative reviews popping everywhere she feels threatened. She send the same letter to moderators of FB groups, where people were discussing her as well. I am not personally on those groups, but heard from a friend yesterday that FB groups exploded yesterday with same comments as here.

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 4:54 am
dvorak613 wrote:
I was thinking the same. A specific "nutritionist" in Brooklyn is now on par with major religious and philosophical issues that got too explosive here. Like, seriously? Of course I understand why Yael doesn't want to deal with the hassle in fighting it, but it just really rankles. There are a lot of members here who are lawyers, is there anyone who is willing to take this on pro bono? Or if someone named a price, perhaps we could raise the money through go fund me? I'd be happy to contribute to such a cause, because I am extremely disturbed by Tanya's actions and really don't want to see her get away with it.

Pro bono doesnt mean free. It means the client doesnt pay, but it also means the attorney who takes on the case pays the fees out of their own pocket, and the fees add up. It also means that the attorney has to lose billable time that she needs to make. And likely lose time traveling as well. I totally agree that this is absurd. But is the need to unban this topic so great that someone needs to incur these expenses?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 5:00 am
watergirl wrote:
Pro bono doesnt mean free. It means the client doesnt pay, but it also means the attorney who takes on the case pays the fees out of their own pocket, and the fees add up. It also means that the attorney has to lose billable time that she needs to make. And likely lose time traveling as well. I totally agree that this is absurd. But is the need to unban this topic so great that someone needs to incur these expenses?

I think it's more about people wanting to stand up to the bully tactics.

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 5:02 am
amother wrote:
I think it's more about people wanting to stand up to the bully tactics.

I TOTALLY hear that. Just not sure an attorney can deal with it for free.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 5:12 am
By TANYA reacting to negative comments by people (who just for your info have the right to free speech in this wonderful country) it's just legitimizing what they say about her. If it weren't true at all it wouldn't rankle her to the extent of bullying Yael or other fb groups.
Side note-im in college and debating what to major in. Perhaps I shud go for RD or similar. WITH a license? I see there's obviously a huge demand for weight loss/healthy nutrition licensed professionals . Enuf for her to bank on it

jjudithc

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 5:12 am
Personal trainer who dresses schlumpy on shabbas passing through... Dancing

crust

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 5:25 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
Wow. I don’t know anything about her diet plans (I guess I’ve been living under a rock!) but I do know a thing or two about putting soap (or water or some other damaging substance) on food, and whether she intends it or not if she advocates such a thing she is absolutely teaching eating disorder “strategies.” Will it “give people eating disorders?” Maybe not, but it absolutely will harm people already struggling, and can tip people over the edge who are teetering into an unhealthy place. And just so we’re clear, it’s not just people who need to lose weight who turn to diets. “Biggest Loser” had an alarmingly huge following of anorexic and bulimic viewers.

Again, I know nothing about this specific woman and her specific diet plan, but this post jumped out at me as a glaring red flag. Nothing cute or funny about it at all. If you want to make an argument that maybe it’s a good approach for certain specific people, fine, possibly. But spreading this kind of “advice” on a grand scale (as it seems she was doing?) is reckless.

I don't know how she's different or worse than many other diets out there.
This field is so not regulated that it's scary. The techniques and brainwashing is an excellent tool to inflate any anxiety around being thin.

I know too many people, mothers of young children, eating 8-900 calories a day and the calories have to come from vegetable juices strictly.

Nobody can convince me that a woman that needs to run a household, hold down a job, nurse a baby or do all of these, can function on this amount of calories or nutrients.

Eating disorders can also disguise itself as "eating for your health" so I can't be convinced that living off vegetable smoothies isn't simply an ED.

Last edited by crust on Thu, Apr 26 2018, 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total

crust

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 5:28 am
amother wrote:
By TANYA reacting to negative comments by people (who just for your info have the right to free speech in this wonderful country) it's just legitimizing what they say about her. If it weren't true at all it wouldn't rankle her to the extent of bullying Yael or other fb groups.
Side note-im in college and debating what to major in. Perhaps I shud go for RD or similar. WITH a license? I see there's obviously a huge demand for weight loss/healthy nutrition licensed professionals . Enuf for her to bank on it

No. You should go for a degree in marketing. Wink

pause

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 5:39 am
Zehava wrote:
Na the controversial topics on imamother are birth control, kollel/parental support, government programs, potching kids, tuition breaks, and spending lots of money.

Ahhh....
But, you see, the difference is that those aren't banned by the rules of this site.

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 5:43 am
Squishy wrote:
She should be embarrassed by that. What a horrible thing to do to a kallah.

Not just kallahs! She also posted on birth announcements! Telling a new mother to get into shape!

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 6:04 am
I have the same thoughts on this letter as the rest of you - however, isn't this all pure lashon hara to be discussed like this?

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 6:08 am
amother wrote:

I don't think a license is so necessary in this field according to some to make mega bucks.

I would never go to someone who was not legit licensed for nutritional counseling. I also wouldn't go to unlicensed Doctors, nor would I go to unlicensed personal trainers.

crust

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 6:09 am
amother wrote:
I have the same thoughts on this letter as the rest of you - however, isn't this all pure lashon hara to be discussed like this?

Although I think there's a halacha regarding something that was written in a newspaper this still feels like ms"r because she's a yid.

Then there's always avak Wink

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 6:12 am
watergirl wrote:
Not just kallahs! She also posted on birth announcements! Telling a new mother to get into shape!

That is just wicked. Everyone should post comments on her appearance since she thinks it is appropriate.

Actually, the new mother should send her a letter demanding an apology within 30 days or she will sue.

livinginflatbus

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 6:14 am
I know I sound horribly naive but wow! What desire for money and fame can do to a Person! And to threaten to sue a website for postings bad reviews is kind of mind blowing . And I actually enjoyed her posts on social media before this .
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise