Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Frozen Broccoli

BadTichelDay

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 10:15 am
I bought a bag of frozen Broccoli the other day, thinking that it was pre-checked. But when I gave the bag a closer look, it said יש לבדוק לפני השימוש.
How can one check frozen Broccoli? I mean, all the small parts are frozen and stick together in lumps of ice. And if one thaws it up, it becomes sort of mushy. Any ideas?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 12:35 pm
You're probably best off using it in a blended soup to avoid issues.
Usually fresh broccoli is agitated in water and then the water is checked for bugs. You're right that doing this with frozen broccoli will leave you with soggy vegetables.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 7:39 pm
Cream of broccoli and cheddar soup! There are lots of recipies on Google. It's so easy to make and yummy.

mammale

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 7:51 pm
If you defrost it in a collander it won't get soggy ( will still be soft, as if it was boiled already though) you might be able to check it that way

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:32 pm
Can you share what brand that is? Now I'm wondering if I've been missing the fine print on mine Confused

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 12:34 am
seeker wrote:
Can you share what brand that is? Now I'm wondering if I've been missing the fine print on mine Confused

This is in Israel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen