Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How do I get my baby to sleep thru the night?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:28 am
my baby is 6 months old and is not sleeping in my room anymore. The thing is she still wakes up in middle of the night so I let her cry a little thinking maybe she will fall asleep but she doesn't fall back asleep. I usually just go into her room, put her paci in her mouth, rub her a little then she falls back asleep without giving her a bottle. Sometimes I give her a bottle if her last feeding was a while before.

Question is how do I get her to sleep through the night? I thought that if I just rub her to sleep without giving her a bottle she will eventually sleep thru the night as she sees she's not eating in middle of night. But this is not happening. She is still waking up. Any advice? Thanks!

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:35 am
A six month old still needs a feeding in middle of the night. They have tiny stomachs and get hungry fast. If your baby only wakes up for one feeding, you are really lucky. When experts talk about babies sleeping through the night, they mean taking a six hour stretch, which would be very unusual for a six month old.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 12:04 pm
amother wrote:
A six month old still needs a feeding in middle of the night. They have tiny stomachs and get hungry fast. If your baby only wakes up for one feeding, you are really lucky. When experts talk about babies sleeping through the night, they mean taking a six hour stretch, which would be very unusual for a six month old.

I agree! And im super into sleep training.
And even ignoring when they cry (dont judge!!)
But 6 months does sound young.
You need to get approval from the doctor if they feel your baby is ready to sleep trained.
And only then can you do it.
1 feeding a night is not crazy.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 12:09 pm
call a sleep coach who does the shuffle method

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 12:11 pm
I don't agree with that. I was told that once they start solids (which she is on) then they can sleep through the night. Someone told me they did it at 3 months so I didnt tink 6 months was too early at all...

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 12:55 pm
Does anyone have experience with this and can help me?

pesek zman

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 1:01 pm
So many possibilities. Is she teething? Is she waking out of habit? Can you try a water bottle to try and find out if she's actually hungry?

fraimal

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 1:19 pm
Ask your pediatrician. Ignore everyone else's opinion
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics