Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Extra income

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:47 am
I work full time however after taxes and health insurance I barely have anything left. I am begging any one to help me find a second job. anything either on Amazon or work from home anything from 6pm-11pm. please I am desperate. We have a mortgage and kids tuition and my husband recently had a surgery and put us in lots of debts with credit cards. I live in Brooklyn Marine Park area if it helps.
Thank you.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 4:01 pm
I’m so sorry for your situation. It’s not fun. I have btdt and still struggle. What usually helps me is a shift into positive thinking. If you can attend a Rachel shaul class, they are amazing. Otherwise “unlocking greatness” by Charlie Harary. If you shift your mindset you can change your reality. Good luck

Maryann

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 4:05 pm
Mint can you post link to rabbi harari class? Tysm!

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 4:07 pm
Maryann wrote:
Mint can you post link to rabbi harari class? Tysm!

It's a book.
https://www.amazon.com/Unlocki.....69762

ellacoe

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 4:22 pm
Sorry to hear that things are a bit rough right now. What line of work are you in? Is there something related that you could from home during those hours? There are websites like Fivver and upworks, where people contract one off jobs in different fields, perhaps have a look at that.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 4:35 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i3IZ8lxEUr0
There’s a book also. Both are great

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 7:46 pm
ellacoe wrote:
Sorry to hear that things are a bit rough right now. What line of work are you in? Is there something related that you could from home during those hours? There are websites like Fivver and upworks, where people contract one off jobs in different fields, perhaps have a look at that.

OP here. I work in accounts receivable department I have accounting degree. I did taxes for some friends but it’s not enough. I am very fast learner and I know I can do anything if I’m trained but I cannot seem to find online to work from home.

familyfirst

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 8:03 pm
Please talk to the school about tuition

You sure you can do this if you already work full time? Can you apply for Medicaid?

Sounds like too much for one person...
Good luck! So sorry you're going through this...Sad

Jalapeño

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 8:09 pm
There are a lot of e-businesses where you can tutor others in your field (including accounting, taxes) over Skype sessions. I think you can make a decent amount per hour if you're even an ok teacher.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 8:17 pm
you're available evenings-- Sundays too? It didn't pay much but about 15 years ago I worked as a tax advisor for H&R Block part time--- you mentioned that you've done some taxes for friends--- if you take the basic H&R class (just a few hundred dollars) you can work many hours during tax season on evenings and weekends and you'll be licensed/ bonded through them. If you enjoy it you can take more and more advanced courses each season. At the beginning you won't do heavy depreciation or corporate stuff and you'll get sick of the easy returns but once you have a few hundred under your belt it can be a stepping stone--- lots of people use it to work towards EA, etc. What I liked best about it was that I was able to tell them what hours I wanted.

More lucrative--- I've been in direct sales for a long time---- you can do it part time, whatever hours you want. Much more $$ per hour so you can keep your regular job and work a bit here and there part time at home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics