Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO Reliable Residential Phone Service Provider in BP

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 7:48 pm
Looking to switch home phone and internet provider in BP Brooklyn, to reliable company that doesn’t use Verizon cables. Verizon doesn’t work for me, so switching to a company that shares their cables wouldn’t work.

What are good options?

amother
White

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 8:02 pm
Been using Optimum for 12 years in 3 different BP locations. Very happy.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 9:11 pm
I'm pretty sure that optimum shares with Verizon. Cuz when my neighbor recently had an issue with her phone Verizon came down to fix it. I know she uses optimum cuz I was looking to switch from exchange I asked her since shes my upstairs neighbor.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 10:39 pm
amother wrote:
I'm pretty sure that optimum shares with Verizon. .

Is that true, because I have Verizon and I always have really bad static on my phone and spotty internet and now this week an outage because of underground cable issues, that means no phone and no internet at all. Switching to a company that uses Verizon equipment won’t change a thing.

amother
White

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:26 pm
amother wrote:
I'm pretty sure that optimum shares with Verizon. Cuz when my neighbor recently had an issue with her phone Verizon came down to fix it. I know she uses optimum cuz I was looking to switch from exchange I asked her since shes my upstairs neighbor.

They run on the internet not on verizon lines at all. They had to pull their own new lines for us in 2 of our locations.

ETA: For 1 year after we moved we had to use verizon in our new home until we were able to get permission from neighbors to allow optimum to pull optimum's own lines over their property and reaching ours.

doctorima

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 12:10 am
Verizon runs over phone cables, while Optimum runs over their Internet cables - 2 completely different technologies (and wires). If you want a non-VOIP traditional landline, you're stuck with Verizon, as they're the only game in town. Even other companies work with their cables. If you're having issues with them, switch to Optimum or Ooma.

amother
Seagreen

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 12:19 am
I have cable set up in my home through optimum. I bought a vonage box & have my landline connected to that. no issues in last 2 years. I will probably switch my home line though to obi and save myself $ along the line...

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 3:10 pm
amother wrote:
I have cable set up in my home through optimum. I bought a vonage box & have my landline connected to that. no issues in last 2 years. I will probably switch my home line though to obi and save myself $ along the line...

Did you switch to obi (I never heard of that) and how much are you saving?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries