Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ciprodex - dangerous??
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 3:15 am
Have an ENT check her tonsils and adenoids. If she's harboring an infection there, it may keep reinfecting her ears.

aleks

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 5:36 am
I would like to mention that for someone with tubes,you need to use earplugs whenever there is contact with water (showering or swimming).

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 5:48 am
amother wrote:
Usually pus and swelling. Even when I put Ciprodex in her ears preventatively she ends up with another infection 1-3 weeks later.

What is steroid addiction?

If there is thick puss, then I would believe it is a real infection; watery liquid I would not be concerned.

Steroid addiction is what happens when too much or too strong of steroids are used. Basically, in laymen terms, steroids deactivate blood vessels. They have a shut-down effect, which calms inflammation.
But blood vessels were created to be open, not closed, and if they were shut down too frequently or too powerfully, then they begin too hyperdilate in response, when the steroid is removed (or when the steroids no longer work).

What is seen then is the body begins to become inflamed every time you stop the steroids. This usually happens 7-10 dauys after the last dose of steroids.

At that point, many doctors call the inflammation and redness an infection, because most doctors are not yet aware of steroid damage, or Red Skin Syndrome. People end up on chronic, cycling episodes of steroid and sometimes antibiotic use.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 6:47 am
Typical mainstream medicine. Treating the symptoms with stronger and yet stronger and yet even stronger medication. Yes, Cipro can does cause serious problems. Why not go beyond the mainstream and see why her body keeps doing this?
Her diet is #1 issue to look at. Dairy is #1. Eliminate completely. Try to reduce sugar (and not sub with fake sugar, which is even worse). I know easier said than done. My kids are plied with candy and sweets all day from their rebbes, neighbors etc. Do your best.

#2 absolutely go to a chiropractor. Expect the doctor types to make fun of you. Do it anyway. You may find yourself joining those of us who were firmly in the mainstream medical camp but saw the medical industry had no solution to our chronic problems other than manage the symptoms with strong drugs and made the switchover to non-conventional medicine and never looked back. It doesn't have to be either-or, but do be prepared for the doctor types to berate you or even be dismissive of success you will hopefully find with a chiro and -#3 below.

#3 - try cranio-sacral therapy. As above, you will be mocked. Do it anyway.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 10:36 am
amother wrote:
btdt... just tell them to treat her as if she's allergic, send milk substitute with her for breakfast, snack shouldn't be a problem and she can eat anything from lunch that isn't dairy, or you can send your own. We love "so delicious" brand yogurts and ice cream, daiya shredded cheese substitute, wayfare "cream cheese". Also, try garlic mullein ear drops. Ever since I started using them, I've been able to avoid antibiotics in my kid with recurrent ear infections.

Thanks! Will try those yogurts and cheeses. I actually tried garlic ear drops when she was an infant getting too many ear infections. Didn’t help and she ended up with tubes but maybe together with going off dairy it can work

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 10:36 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Have an ENT check her tonsils and adenoids. If she's harboring an infection there, it may keep reinfecting her ears.

Thanks I’ll definitely have the ENT do that

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 10:38 am
aleks wrote:
I would like to mention that for someone with tubes,you need to use earplugs whenever there is contact with water (showering or swimming).

When she got tubes a year ago the doctors said not to plug the ear, but I always immediately dry her ear canals after the bath

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 10:39 am
amother wrote:
If there is thick puss, then I would believe it is a real infection; watery liquid I would not be concerned.

Steroid addiction is what happens when too much or too strong of steroids are used. Basically, in laymen terms, steroids deactivate blood vessels. They have a shut-down effect, which calms inflammation.
But blood vessels were created to be open, not closed, and if they were shut down too frequently or too powerfully, then they begin too hyperdilate in response, when the steroid is removed (or when the steroids no longer work).

What is seen then is the body begins to become inflamed every time you stop the steroids. This usually happens 7-10 dauys after the last dose of steroids.

At that point, many doctors call the inflammation and redness an infection, because most doctors are not yet aware of steroid damage, or Red Skin Syndrome. People end up on chronic, cycling episodes of steroid and sometimes antibiotic use.

Thanks for explaining!! Sounds pretty bad Sad

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Apr 27 2018, 10:43 am
amother wrote:
Typical mainstream medicine. Treating the symptoms with stronger and yet stronger and yet even stronger medication. Yes, Cipro can does cause serious problems. Why not go beyond the mainstream and see why her body keeps doing this?
Her diet is #1 issue to look at. Dairy is #1. Eliminate completely. Try to reduce sugar (and not sub with fake sugar, which is even worse). I know easier said than done. My kids are plied with candy and sweets all day from their rebbes, neighbors etc. Do your best.

#2 absolutely go to a chiropractor. Expect the doctor types to make fun of you. Do it anyway. You may find yourself joining those of us who were firmly in the mainstream medical camp but saw the medical industry had no solution to our chronic problems other than manage the symptoms with strong drugs and made the switchover to non-conventional medicine and never looked back. It doesn't have to be either-or, but do be prepared for the doctor types to berate you or even be dismissive of success you will hopefully find with a chiro and -#3 below.

#3 - try cranio-sacral therapy. As above, you will be mocked. Do it anyway.

Thank you!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics