Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Need help with paint colors for house

queen76

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 10:20 pm
Has any one recently painted their house, and be so kind to share the paint colors they used?
I just finished renovating my home and ready for painting.
I find it very overwelming.
I dont like to be too colorful and would stick to the neutrals taupe/grey family.
Some taupes and greys have some life, and some are very dull.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 10:26 pm
If you live in Brooklyn, there's a guy that comes to the house for a small fee and helps you. He is a pro at this

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Apr 29 2018, 11:48 pm
Edgecomb gray is looking really pretty here. Used in the hallway
Silver chain

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 6:25 am
I love revere pewter; it adapts to the coloring and lighting of each room. In some rooms it looks modern and gray, in others it looks warmer beige/taupe, all based on the decor of the room.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 7:02 am
flowerpower wrote:
If you live in Brooklyn, there's a guy that comes to the house for a small fee and helps you. He is a pro at this

Does this guy also help with paint colors in more specific rooms like a playroom? I'm not the OP but I have been needing this for a few months. I moved a coupled of months ago and still haven't figured out which paint color makes sense for the playroom. It's more like a design question though, like I'm not just dealing with grey's and beiges here. Would he do that?

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 8:01 am
This is the color I am doing in my playroom IYH. It will only work if you have lots of windows and natural light there, otherwise it might be too suffocating. I have tons of windows, so this will look great. I saw a picture of a playroom with it on houzz.com

https://www.benjaminmoore.com/.....55-30

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 8:23 am
I also love my edgecomb gray!

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 8:52 am
Decorator here. I don't understand how people choose colors this way. The way to choose colors is by standing in the room. Getting a feel for the tones of the house.....

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 8:56 am
flowerpower wrote:

Can you please post his info? I probably will need this help shortly.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 11:26 am
I just painted my house. It is really complicated. Here's how I did it: go to the store and pick out ten colors you like. Make samples. Paint two coats on a canvass (or directly on the wall, but wait for it to dry and do 2-3 coats). Stare at it for a day or two and then decide.

For my main color I chose a yellow toned off white. From the card at the store it looks like literal white, but on the wall is it a warm vanilla cream. My bedrooms are a deep grey.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 11:50 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I love revere pewter; it adapts to the coloring and lighting of each room. In some rooms it looks modern and gray, in others it looks warmer beige/taupe, all based on the decor of the room.

I have rever pewter in two different parts of my home. It looks so different in each room; one is more cool gray and the other is warm taupe.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 12:18 pm
Another vote for edgecomb gray I have it and know a few others as well and still loving it

flowerpower

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 1:05 pm
amother wrote:
Can you please post his info? I probably will need this help shortly.

His name is Mr Brieger. He works in Mochan Paint on NU ave. If you go in to the store he doesn't charge. If he comes down to the house he charges a fee. It's worth it. He looks at the room, you tell him what you're looking for... and he gives you a good color. The stores number is 718-435-7014.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 1:07 pm
amother wrote:
Does this guy also help with paint colors in more specific rooms like a playroom? I'm not the OP but I have been needing this for a few months. I moved a coupled of months ago and still haven't figured out which paint color makes sense for the playroom. It's more like a design question though, like I'm not just dealing with grey's and beiges here. Would he do that?

Call and ask him. If you have a friend that is a decorater maybe she can give you some fun ideas
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics