Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Going nuts!! DD does not recognize the need to go #2

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 9:37 pm
Dd, is 2.7 and bh trained well for #1, she comes asking and can baruch hashem keep dry for few days in a row...
But when it comes to #2 she's completely ignorant! She has very little patience to sit on toilet and the minute she's done with #1 she jumps off. I tried reading books and stories but she keeps jumping around and does not let herself relax... She keeps herself in and then it just happens in her underwear...
I tried supositories a few times, when I knew she has to go, and she was so excited we praised her and gave goodies but still the same again and again.......

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 11:40 pm
Totally normal.
What saved my sanity, was adding a teaspoon of olive oil once a day to my child’s juice bottle, and he had no choice but to use the bathroom when his stomach called for it...

I stopped this as soon as he got into the hang of it.

Teomima

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 12:13 am
Yikes, she's too young for you to so concerned! Why in the world use suppositories on a kid that age??? I've always waited for my kids to be fully ready. One child was in diapers for everything, 1 and 2, till three and a half. But that's when she was ready, and then it went very smoothly. In your place, I'd stop pushing her and just give it time. Kids potty train when THEY'RE ready, not on YOUR schedule.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 2:37 am
Shes a smart kid, and knows exactly what she wants!
She started taking off her pamper every night in bed... She reaches into her pamper to see what's in there when she's dirty, more than once I found her with hands and stuff dirty... doesn't all these signs call for training??
Also I'm due for another one soon and she'll be starting school soon after that, with summer coming on , now was the perfect time to train, why wait?

amother
Violet

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 3:01 am
If she doesn't recognize the need, then she's too young for toilet training.

No need to worry. She might be ready in a week. Or a month. In any case, you'll have much more success if you let her timing dictate the process.

abound

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 3:08 am
check if she has worms, sometimes that could stop them.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 7:27 am
My son was trained a month before he turned 4. He didnt connect the physical feeling. It has not affected him in anyway
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training