Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
What to use on DD curly/frizzy hair. Help!!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 9:45 am
4 year old DD has beautiful banana curls. We aren't cutting her hair, it's non negotiable! Because it's getting longer, the area above the curls is starting to get too frizzy. When we wash her hair, we use conditioner. Then I brush it out which untangles the whole mess, and as it dries, it forms beautiful curls. Problem is, in a few hours, or after sleeping, she is one big mop head. I'm not sure what to use to tame the frizz, and hold the curls. They're literally bottle curls...any advice appreciated. Ty

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 10:02 am
Wash with coditioner. Then after the bath dry her hair with a towel. And take a nice amount of mouse (doesn't need to be a strong one) in your hand and rub it in her hair like you would do with shampoo. The results are adorable. The curls stay natural but not frizzy

Last edited by amother on Thu, Nov 08 2018, 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total

zohar

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 10:23 am
Use good quality shampoo and conditioner. Don't dry with towel, rather with a tee shirt. I use one of my husband's undershirts for that. Comb hair only while wet. I comb my daughter's hair in the bathtub with conditioner in her hair. If your leaving hair down, try using leave in conditioner in the morning. NO BRUSHING. You can also try mousse. If you want to brush into a ponytail or bun, buy a bore bristle brush, spray mousse on brush, and brush into pony.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers