Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Vinyl tiles

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 8:48 pm
Any one have exoerience with vinyl tiles.
Im choosing to do vinyl over ceramuc tiles but am confused btwn the stick on and the new click-in tiles that everyone is talking abt.
Any one have exerience w/ any?
R they as durable as ceramic?
Where is best place in lkwd to buy?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 9:03 pm
I have the stick on kind in my kitchen for fifteen years now. They're still doing just fine., maybe a few scratches. I like that they aren't as cold or slippery or hard as tile (a glass jar dropped on the floor doesn't necessarily break.)

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 9:07 pm
I work in a flooring store in Lakewood. The click in tiles are not that much better than the glue down. In a glue down floor, you can remove one tile if it gets damaged or too scratched. If you do the click vinyl you're stuck with it Sad
Remember that vinyl scratches a lot! Try to get one with a medium grain so you don't see the scratches. If you are looking for long term durable floor ceramic tiles are better, but obviously a lot more expensive.
Good luck!

amother
Puce

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 11:24 pm
We did both kinds of vinyl, the glue down and the click in. I like the glue down ones better but that could be just because we chose a more expensive tile because it's for the kitchen. The click in ones are supposed to be completely waterproof and not allow any water to seep through to the wooden floor underneath. My expensive tiles are barely scratched 2 years in, but the cheaper ones are very scratched - which I don't mind because it's the playroom...But it's worthwhile investing in the more expensive vinyl because the protective layer is much thicker.

shanie5

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 7:15 pm
I did vinyl tile, click in style. It looks like a hardwood floor. I love it! Ceramic gets slippery when wet, and if you drop breakables on it, they will definitely break.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 12:57 am
We are in the middle of putting in vinyl tiles now the kind that click together . We ordered them from a company called cali bamboo. We also ordered some from a company flooret. So far it looks very nice. My husband did a lot of research and these are both supposed to be very good quality that don't get scratched easily.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics