Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Cheapest glasses store in BP
1  2  Next

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 7:33 am
ISO of glasses store in BP. Anyone? I had enough with online

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 7:40 am
The optical place inside the pharmacy between 52 and 53 is great. We bought dd some glasses there when she kept losing them.

losingweight

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 7:42 am
Minzer. On 9 and 48. They do the glasses on the spot.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 7:59 am
losingweight wrote:
Minzer. On 9 and 48. They do the glasses on the spot.

I second that

ladYdI

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 8:50 am
There’s a pop up store on coney and ave I. 2 pairs for $49, $69 or $99. Depending on which section you pick from!

erg5001

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 8:59 am
Minzers. 907 48 St. Best prices, great service, very popular place. Been going there for years. Hatzlacha. Call for hours.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 9:45 am
Thanks girls! I will check em out

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 9:46 am
ra_mom wrote:
The optical place inside the pharmacy between 52 and 53 is great. We bought dd some glasses there when she kept losing them.

Which pharmacy? Near lanes gifts?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 10:27 am
Please be aware that sometime, cheaper stores do not do the prescriptions as well as when you’re paying a higher price.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 12:38 pm
amother wrote:
Please be aware that sometime, cheaper stores do not do the prescriptions as well as when you’re paying a higher price.
why minzer doesn't?

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 12:42 pm
amother wrote:

I agree. Which is why is suggested the place above.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 12:43 pm
amother wrote:
Which pharmacy? Near lanes gifts?

Yes. It's called 13th Ave Pharmacy. The guy who runs the optical place inside is Avrohom I believe.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 2:26 pm
amother wrote:
why minzer doesn't?

I have no idea I never shopped there .
I’m just saying it as a general precaution.

jflower

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 2:31 pm
I'm very happy with the quality of the frames & lenses from Minzer's. I used to pay more than double for my glasses. Be aware though that you won't get much personal attention while selecting frames. When I go, I'm on my own & then ask Mr. Minzer if the frame will work for me. It's not like shopping in one of the optical boutiques but I am happy with the price and quality and it works for me.

asmileaday

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 3:35 pm
Don't know how they compare pricewise but The Lens Center on 55 and 13 is fantastic. They were very helpful with choosing the right pair and anytime it needed adjusting they gladly did it. They are so nice to deal with and have a HUGE selection.

I was also happy with the pharmacy on 13. (Isn't Lanes gifts by 47? This is by 52 or 53.) Got my oldest's 1st pair there. I think they may have been a little cheaper but their selection was very small. That's why for my others I went to Lens Center.

shanie5

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 7:53 pm
ladYdI wrote:
There’s a pop up store on coney and ave I. 2 pairs for $49, $69 or $99. Depending on which section you pick from!

This place is great! Every place near me advertises $99 glasses, but end up costing me a few hundred-high prescription, thinner lenses, no scratch coating, etc. This guy charged the price quoted-almost all were 2 for $49. Only extras were for anti scratch ($10 per pair of glasses) and anti glare (also $10 per pair). So each of my kids got 2 pair of glasses, I got 3 pair. Mine were progressives-they were $125 I think. So where I would have to pay close to $400 for 1 pair of glasses here, I got 9 pair for less than $650. It was worth the trip to NY for them.

Place is called Glasses 99

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 7:59 pm
I've used Best Eye Buys Optical (Fogel) for years. Mrs. Fogel is soooo helpful and honest, It's always a very positive experience. They're reasonably priced, and stand behind their glasses, and will fix it free of charge if it breaks (not sure if this applies to all frames...). Their phone number is 633 2736, they're lcoated at 1861 48th St, Brooklyn, NY 11204

amother
Wine

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 12:05 am
amother wrote:

I know people who werent that happy with glasses made up at Minzer and the cheaper places. Thats why I choose to have Dr Steinmetz do the prescription, but I pay out of my nose for designer frames there, much more for even discontinued styles.

I think the solution for some is to get the frames elsewhere and bring them to a doctor like Steinmetz to make up the glasses, but Steinmetz has told us that theyre the best at helping you choose the right frames, especially for stronger prescriptions. Unless there are places who let you buy frames and return if the doctor doesnt feel the frame is good for your prescription, etc.

So for my family, I may be stuck to doing it all at Steinmetz who has a pretty good reputation for making up glasses.

shanie5

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 9:45 pm
amother wrote:
I know people who werent that happy with glasses made up at Minzer and the cheaper places. Thats why I choose to have Dr Steinmetz do the prescription, but I pay out of my nose for designer frames there, much more for even discontinued styles.

I think the solution for some is to get the frames elsewhere and bring them to a doctor like Steinmetz to make up the glasses, but Steinmetz has told us that theyre the best at helping you choose the right frames, especially for stronger prescriptions. Unless there are places who let you buy frames and return if the doctor doesnt feel the frame is good for your prescription, etc.

So for my family, I may be stuck to doing it all at Steinmetz who has a pretty good reputation for making up glasses.

Any decent optical store will know if the frames work with the prescription. The bolded is just a sales pitch for you to spend more money at their store!

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 10:05 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Any decent optical store will know if the frames work with the prescription. The bolded is just a sales pitch for you to spend more money at their store!

I suspected that. Steinmetz makes up the prescription well, but his frame selection isnt up to date, and theyre not cheap either.

So unless you want to bring the frame from elsewhere, and risk him saying to small, too this or too that, youre stuck choosing from his frames, so he can give his opinion right there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics