Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
NO SCHOOL TODAY?!

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 10:08 am
I drove thru 40 min of traffic to find out bybp has no school. Who else doesnt have school lg beomer? Growing up we always did.

lifesagift

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 10:11 am
They haven't had for some time now... funny ur kid didn't know about it?

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 10:11 am
amother wrote:
I drove thru 40 min of traffic to find out bybp has no school. Who else doesnt have school lg beomer? Growing up we always did.

Growing up in BYBP we had part day school with a trip IIRC. But I'm a parent there now for a decade and there is no school on lag ba'omer anymore. It's listed in the school calendar they give out at the beginning of the year and we got a few notes about it too over the last week.
The most important thing at the beginning of the school year is copying the days off onto your calendar that you use everyday. (Work Outlook, phone calendar reminder, fridge calendar?)

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 10:15 am
I got no note and apparently was not the only mom to show up. My first child so I wouldnt know...

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 10:19 am
amother wrote:
I got no note and apparently was not the only mom to show up. My first child so I wouldnt know...

Hug
I was like you with waiting for buses some days the first year as a parent there when there really was no school. I realized I needed to copy the calendar and always keep it handy.

gold21

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 2:18 pm
Interesting.

My kids schools have a regular day today.

mha3484

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 2:21 pm
My kids have school today but its really just fun in the morning. They had a bonfire with music and dancing in the recess yard. His class had their siyum on bereshis with a bbq and a little fire in someones back yard which is their lunch. I assume english will be normal but who knows.

rikki 1

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 2:36 pm
a lot of the boys schools in Lakewood have half day today.

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 3:06 pm
They had "school" but it as basically dancing at the yeshiva and games and going to Lagbaomer amusemtn park. kah

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 3:08 pm
In Israel, the schools are all off today.

Growing up in England, we always had a full-day trip on lag be'omer. They still do that in all the schools there.

I'm not sure what the point of a day off is.

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 3:11 pm
Oddly we also have a trip, but on another day. For a couple weeks there will be things, parades, amusement parks... I love Lag baomer and that there are things for the adults also roflll

heidi

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 3:14 pm
The point of a day off is that Israel has this tradition of crazy wild all night Lag Baomer bonfires all over Israel. Charedi, Daati Leumi and Chiloni. Everyone does it. Forget all the thousands upon thousands who go to Meron. Even the ones who stay home usually stay out until extremely late. The older the kid, the later the hour. So they need to sleep the next day.
The air pollution is unbelievable. There's literally a thick gray cloud over all of Israel most of the day after lag baomer. Friends of mine who flew into the country lag baomer morning were horrified.
You gotta love this country.
Otherwise you'd cry. Alot.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 4:08 pm
U don't have a school calendar?

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 4:26 pm
heidi wrote:
The point of a day off is that Israel has this tradition of crazy wild all night Lag Baomer bonfires all over Israel. Charedi, Daati Leumi and Chiloni. Everyone does it. Forget all the thousands upon thousands who go to Meron. Even the ones who stay home usually stay out until extremely late. The older the kid, the later the hour. So they need to sleep the next day.
The air pollution is unbelievable. There's literally a thick gray cloud over all of Israel most of the day after lag baomer. Friends of mine who flew into the country lag baomer morning were horrified.
You gotta love this country.
Otherwise you'd cry. Alot.

Yup. Counted 19 (!) fires on the land that they are supposed to build schools on opposite my mirpeset. I nearly cried when they lit the one that had more foam mattresses than wood. B"H the wind was blowing away from us. ( but in the direction of the nearby Arab village)
No school here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics