Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
What do you do for your spiritual well-being?

chag334

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 7:02 pm
What do you do for your spiritual well-being? I’m a homeschooling mom and once the kids are in bed I basically zone out for the night. My kids are 3.5 bH and I want to get my act together more and build something for myself. I need something to fuel me spiritually but don’t know what it is.. all I know is that my time is at night and I want to use it to grow and produce instead of wasting it away.

What do you do for your own personal fulfillment?

fbmommy

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 7:08 pm
Something really easy to do is to call in to one of the many hotlines (Inspire by Wire, Chazak, Kol Halashon) and listen to a lecture. there are thousands of topics to choose from. I like to call when folding laundry or cleaning.

chag334

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 7:31 pm
Thanks!! will give that a shot bli Neder

jmom1

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 7:36 pm
I like to use the YUTorah app to listen to shiurim - especially rabbi efrem Goldberg
He has on parsha, emunah....
Also TorahAnytime is a good site

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 9:48 pm
I listen to Rabbi YY Jacobson on theyeshiva.net while I'm Photoshopping! (I'm a photographer). I especially love the women's classes and the Emuna series, yet I also gain from the men's chassidis classes. His classes have been life transforming.

ellacoe

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 10:18 pm
I try to set aside a few minutes at the end of day to read a page of a particular thing every day. Ie Iggeres Ha Ramban, The Secret to Simcha, etc. Things that are designed to read a small portion every day. Find some topics that speak to you and go from there.

simba

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 11:01 pm
I am embarrassed to see that I literally do nothing. I am not proud and I have to change it, I take it for granted that I will be fine and stay strong without feeding my spiritual self. I like YY Jacobsons shiurim, maybe I will start.

Thanks op!

enneamom

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 12:07 am
I try to daven every day. Does that count?

I go through phases with shiurim. Sometimes I'm listening several times a day, and sometimes I don't have patience for several weeks.

I think the main thing is to be always growing and striving, and not to give up on yourself.

momtra

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 12:15 am
jmom1 wrote:
I like to use the YUTorah app to listen to shiurim - especially rabbi efrem Goldberg
He has on parsha, emunah....
Also TorahAnytime is a good site

Yes! Rabbi Goldberg's Living with Emunah Series have been a complete game changer for me.

agreer

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 12:24 am
enneamom wrote:
I try to daven every day. Does that count?

I go through phases with shiurim. Sometimes I'm listening several times a day, and sometimes I don't have patience for several weeks.

I think the main thing is to be always growing and striving, and not to give up on yourself.

Of course davening counts! It's the best!

Kiwi13

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 12:24 am
It depends how you personally connect. For me it’s tefillah in my own words and/or from a siddur, music, thinking about the meaning and yad Hashem in my own personal life, listening to shiurim online (sometimes while I multitask, games like candycrush are like high tech doodling), considering the big picture of how I want my life to be aligned with Hashem’s will, and sometimes just sitting back and feeling so grateful for the blessings in my life, remembering it’s all from Hashem.

Some people connect through nature or dance/yoga/other movement, or chesed projects, or bringing spirituality into their hobbies (art, writing, singing...).

Also, connecting at the end of a long day is different than connecting when you have more energy. I try not to force things. Anything can be spiritually enriching, even the tough stuff, even the mundane and boring. Find ways to make a “Mikdash” for Hashem in your everyday life.

(Says the waaay overtired mommy who should finally be sleeping because they’re sleeping, but no, I’m still hanging around imamother after midnight, lol. Take my post for what it is, I’m tired.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics