Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Girls’ high school in Florida

amother
Tan

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 6:01 pm
My husband may be transferring his job to Florida. We currently live way out of town. Assuming the location is flexible, please share some insights into the girls’ high schools.

We are BTs, mostly right of center, prefer warm and spiritual, allowing us to continue growing without shame or judgement. Also prefer a school where creativity is encouraged.

Our oldest is starting high school. Prefer an all girls school but probably not Bais Yaakov. We have a middle school boy and elementary-age children, and would appreciate feedback on schools for them as well.

Thanks in advance.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 9:13 pm
OP: Please clarify. What do you mean by flexible? Anywhere in Florida?

mema613

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 10:35 pm
In Boca Raton there is an all girls School called Hadar high school. There is Sharai Bina in Fort Lauderdale area. In Miami there are also schools.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, May 06 2018, 11:41 pm
OP: Yes, pretty much anywhere in Florida. I know there’s a new girls’ high school in Jax. I was wondering about S. Florida options. Thanks for the info.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 12:18 am
From what you write, Shaarei Bina in Hollywood sounds like it might be a good fit.

Be advised, in South Florida high school begins in 6th grade.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 12:27 am
Sorry, I see you stated you were looking for the younger kids as well. In N. Miami Beach, the main school, Toras Emes, is a wonderful school. A wide range of frum, who all get along nicely together. And the academics there is excellent.
Rohr middle school is their associated middle school for boys. I'm not a parent there yet but I know it has a good reputation and is very well regarded.

pizzaknish

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 12:39 am
amother wrote:
OP: Yes, pretty much anywhere in Florida. I know there’s a new girls’ high school in Jax. I was wondering about S. Florida options. Thanks for the info.

I know just a bit about the high school, but it you pm me I can get you in touch with someone who knows more.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 3:40 am
If you're right of center Shaarei Bina might be too modern for you. Bais Yaakov in NMB has lots of different types. It's not like a NY Bais Yaakov.
Just want to give a shout out to Yeshiva Elementary School. It's amazing, warm, excellent education, lots of BT's and FFB's. Feels like a family.
I personally hated Toras Emes, it was like a factory. So I just want to let you know there's another option.

AinOdMilvado

Post Thu, Oct 18 2018, 6:24 pm
Also hadar in Boca. Not BY but right of Shaarei Binah
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics