Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
To treat molluscum
1  2  3  Next

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 4:15 am
I have an appt with a dermatologist today for my daughters molluscum but I’m having second thoughts. She isn’t bothered by it and I’m afraid treatment will be painful and leave scars. My main concern is my other kids catching it. What has been your experience?

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 4:27 am
We treated it. Doc put a cream on of some sorts. Been yrs since... All fine.

Teomima

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 5:17 am
I took my daughter to the dermatologist, who put something on that caused little blisters. It was very painful and it didn't work. I did not being her back. Eventually it went away on it's own but it lasted a good year+. I didn't get overly crazy about it, still bathed her with her sister, who never caught it. My one regret the whole experience was putting her through the treatment but then again, other people have had success with it. Personally I wouldn't do it again.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 5:20 am
google apple cider vinegar for molluscum.

climbing613

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 5:21 am
My kids caught it from each other. It's been about a year now and it's almost over-I hope. My boys each have 1 or two left. I did the treatment on the first one and it didn't work so I didn't rush to try anything else.
It's really annoying!

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 5:22 am
Here's nothing really to do for this. You have to wait it out. My dermatologist says that it's not contagious at all.

naomi2

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 5:27 am
amother wrote:
Here's nothing really to do for this. You have to wait it out. My dermatologist says that it's not contagious at all.

It is contagious. I'm not sure why he said not.

baltomom

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 5:31 am
What worked for us was putting duct tape on the biggest molloscum (at least overnight--during the day also if possible--depending on location of molluscum) and after a while (I don't remember how long--probably a couple of weeks) they got irritated and went away. Interestingly, it seemed that once the lmmune response was activated, all the molluscum in the area went away, not just the big ones that we duct taped.

For one of my children with molluscum in a sensitive area, the doctor prescribed something to apply with a q tip (Retin A, if I'm not mistaken) and that did the trick of irritating it enough that the immune system was activated.

Good luck; molluscum are really a pain!

amother
Blue

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 5:37 am
Nobody caught it from my son (but I don’t bathe them together). Once they start getting red, that’s a sign that theyre going away. Apply manukah honey twice a day and will clear up really fast.

Bins

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 5:42 am
My older daughter got it when she was young and they drove me nuts so against the doctors instructions I popped some. It left scars. The next kid that got it I was smarter and made sure not to bathe kids together and left it alone. Recently after over a year they cleared up out of the blue. Moral of the story: leave it alone.

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 6:21 am
I applied tea tree oil with a q-tip at bedtime. After a month they were all gone.

deams

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 7:10 am
What's inside the molluscum is contagious. One may catch it by touching an open molluscum. My kids have it and it's taking forever to go away. We have tried so many things that have not worked. Now I am just letting it be.

silly

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 7:21 am
My son has it as well and it will go away so just waiting..dont want him to go theough pain..my brother had it as well and it went away..u just need patience

YHM

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 7:33 am
HeartyAppetite wrote:
I applied tea tree oil with a q-tip at bedtime. After a month they were all gone.

This worked for my son too.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 7:51 am
My kids have all had it, at one point or another, and my baby has it now. I don’t do anything about it, becasue it doesn’t bother them. If it did, I would attempt to treat it. But even treatment is hit or miss. It doesn’t always work.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 7:53 am
Wine from havdala. After a couple of weeks it was COMPLETELY GONE!!!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 8:08 am
So you all are not going to let your kids swim this summer? You’re so worried about your other kids not catching but if you send your child to camp, everyone can catch it from the swimming pool!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 8:59 am
amother wrote:
So you all are not going to let your kids swim this summer? You’re so worried about your other kids not catching but if you send your child to camp, everyone can catch it from the swimming pool!

Doesn’t the pool have chlorine for this very reason?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 9:12 am
amother wrote:
Doesn’t the pool have chlorine for this very reason?

I’m not sure if chlorine kills the virus. If so we would put on the warts to stop from spreading.... Also, not all pools are really treated properly especially the small pools that the little kids use. And when the kids are sitting together wet, in the sun at the side of the pool knees with warts touch each other... etc.
My child developed molluscum after swimming in an untreated pool with no working filter.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 9:19 am
amother wrote:
I’m not sure if chlorine kills the virus. If so we would put on the warts to stop from spreading.... Also, not all pools are really treated properly especially the small pools that the little kids use. And when the kids are sitting together wet, in the sun at the side of the pool knees with warts touch each other... etc.
My child developed molluscum after swimming in an untreated pool with no working filter.

So I guess I’ll just have to make sure the pool she swims in is treated and has a filter. And you should do the same.
I really was going to treat it we actually had an appt but this morning I googled it and every website recommended leaving it alone if it doesn’t hurt.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers