Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
I've used all the names I love...
1  2  Next

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 12:40 pm
For my first two boys I gave them names that I really loved. Now, I feel like there's nothing that speaks to me. I'd hate to name my child something I didn't love, but I'm guessing at some stage that has to happen because no one has a long list of favorite names... maybe it's my pregnancy hormones but I'm feeling really down about it, like I just want someone to tell me a beautiful name, instead of me going over lots of names and feeling like they're just mediocre.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 12:46 pm
Besha'a Tova. Would it raise your spirits to be reminded that so many women long for the problem that you are having?

Take a break from thinking about it.

I don't know what the rules are where you live - but by us we can leave the hospital without a name for the child. You'll have 7 days of cuddling your boy to think of a name.

If you are truly looking for someone to tell you a name. I love Boaz.

heidi

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 1:33 pm
נחמיה
עורי
עדיאל
יאיר
יונתן
חננאל
All the names I loved that DH nixed

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 1:51 pm
heidi wrote:
נחמיה
עורי
עדיאל
יאיר
יונתן
חננאל

Thats cute! Two of your list are names that we gave our sons Smile
Im not OP btw...

iyar

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 1:58 pm
Sad to hear you feel down about this OP. Let me share my own secret about names.
I'm up to the stage where don't I get to name the baby. Now it's my kids naming the baby. Yes, one of those same ones who couldn't keep themselves tucked in or find their shoes. Plus another one who I only just recently met. And sometimes the name they decide on is not in my top five favorite names. Or even my top 25. Slowly slowly as I hear that little bundle cry, giggle, yawn, and see that little person stretch out its arms, toddle around, empty cabinets and toy bins, that mediocre name becomes the most endearing sound my heart can hear.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 2:01 pm
My two favorite boys names:

Aaron

Daniel

Did you do these two?

finallyamommy

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 2:02 pm
Do you feel comfortable telling us what your two boys' names are, so we have an idea of what style you like?

I like Meir, Chaim, Binyomin, Aharon, Shmuel, Dovid, Eliezer, Naftali, Yehoshua, Shmaya, Ezra, Nechemya, Menachem, Simcha, Avraham.

agreer

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 4:26 pm
iyar wrote:
Sad to hear you feel down about this OP. Let me share my own secret about names.
I'm up to the stage where don't I get to name the baby. Now it's my kids naming the baby. Yes, one of those same ones who couldn't keep themselves tucked in or find their shoes. Plus another one who I only just recently met. And sometimes the name they decide on is not in my top five favorite names. Or even my top 25. Slowly slowly as I hear that little bundle cry, giggle, yawn, and see that little person stretch out its arms, toddle around, empty cabinets and toy bins, that mediocre name becomes the most endearing sound my heart can hear.

For a post like this, I wish there was a love button.

RachelEve14

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 2:29 am
My dh never wants to discuss names when I'm pregnant. We had the hardest time with the first DS.... others I had kind of a list but until the brit (delayed with 2 of 3 kids) it wasn't for sure, or with a combination or alone.

salt

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 2:45 am
heidi wrote:
נחמיה
עורי
עדיאל
יאיר
יונתן
חננאל

What does עורי mean? Awaken - like in Lecha Dodi?
But it's in the female form. Do you know any boys with this name?
Or did you mean it with an alef?

heidi

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 3:33 am
salt wrote:
What does עורי mean? Awaken - like in Lecha Dodi?
But it's in the female form. Do you know any boys with this name?
Or did you mean it with an alef?

I actually know an עורי boy. But I guess it could be Uri or Ori if you spell it with an א

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 5:32 am
amother wrote:
Besha'a Tova. Would it raise your spirits to be reminded that so many women long for the problem that you are having?

I am one of the women who will likely never be able to give the names I really want. But I don't think it's helpful to tell OP that her problem could be worse.

I agree with the poster who said that the name becomes a name that you love.

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 5:50 am
TIme to take out the family tree!

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 7:48 am
Since forever I’ve always had lists of my favorite names, but when I’m pregnant it doesn’t seem to matter anymore. I could suddenly not like what used to be my favorite name in the world and I could suddenly love a name that was never even on my list! This happened a few times. Only one of my children has a name that was one of my favorite names all along, but today I love all of their names. Like the other poster said, when it’s your child’s name you love the name because of your child. Bshaa Tova! I love choosing names, it’s nerve racking sometimes to wonder if we’re choosing the “right” name, but it’s always been such a wonderful privilege for us, including when we have chosen to name after family members.

wiki

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 12:55 pm
I had this problem too when I was expecting my baby son. There were no boy names that I fully all the way loved. So, I settled with the best thing I could find. I came to love it very quickly!

daagahminayin

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 12:59 pm
We like to wait until the babies are born and let them “tell” us what their names are.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 1:06 pm
amother wrote:
I am one of the women who will likely never be able to give the names I really want. But I don't think it's helpful to tell OP that her problem could be worse.

I agree with the poster who said that the name becomes a name that you love.

I am the OP. My kids are after fertility treatment. I appreciate them to no end, but it doesn't mean naming them is any easier! If anything it's harder because I don't know how many I will be blessed with, and I want to make sure I use the best names possible.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 1:08 pm
Thanks all - it's true I'll probably love whatever name I give. I like names with a real source, but also unique - not the most common, at least not in combination if giving two - just beautiful, meaningful names. I can't really explain more than that and don't want to give away the names of my kids! On the other hand, how can I even choose a name if I can't figure out what I like?!

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 1:14 pm
And one other thing - there are a few names I love - but my husband doesn't like them:

Anything with 'Chanan' - Elchanan, Chananya etc.
Anything with 'El/Eli' at the beginning - Eliezer, Elazar, Elimelech etc.
Other names he just dislikes that I like: Naftali, Ariel, Bentzion, Elisha, Elyakim, Zecharia

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 1:31 pm
amother wrote:

I hear what you are saying.

I specifically didn't say 'your problems could be worse'. I thought a lot about what I wrote, and yes - I was put off the comment "guessing at some stage that has to happen because no one has a long list of favorite names" - as if this is universal truth.

Her feelings are valid. I was offering a suggestion to help her unstick herself from feeling down...its yucky to be feeling down.

I also suggested taking a break from thinking about it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names