Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Can'f afford to stay, can't afford to leave?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 12:48 pm
Drowning where we are, can't afford to leave (moving costs etc.), we are both working and our jobs are hard to just get new ones? WWYD?

LittleDucky

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 1:13 pm
Hugs. Its difficult. But realize that staying where you are just digs a deeper hole, one much harder to climb out of. Instead have a serious discussion with your husband.

1. What can be cut right now? Are there ANY places where ANYTHING can be cut? I am talking strict bare bones budget. Turn heat down and wear sweaters. Any extras in terms of food budget? Do you ever take a taxis even when a bus could do but its easier/more convenient? Every penny counts.
2. Where can you move to? Talk practical. Throwing up your hands because "jobs are hard" won't help you. You can do this and find a way to make it work.
3. Any side jobs? Tutoring?
4. How much would a move cost and can you squeeze it out of your budget? Can you borrow from family when you have a real plan with realistic goals on how it will be used and on how you Will pay it back?

Budgets are a numbers game- if you cant decrease costs income has to go up and vice versa.

Good luck! You can do it!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics