Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Your Best White Shirt Tricks
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 3:38 pm
amother wrote:
Bump--

Any more advice for those shirts?

I have now a pile of 5 shirts that are not in use, because they have stains.

If they're not coming out, it's time to use boiling water.
Fill basin with boiling water. Add at least 2 full scoops of Oxiclean and mix to dissolve. Soak just one shirt at a time for 12 hours. Then scrub at stains with cleaning toothbrush. And repeat with fresh boiling water and scoops of Oxi.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 3:42 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If they're not coming out, it's time to use boiling water.
Fill basin with boiling water. Add at least 2 full scoops of Oxiclean and mix to dissolve. Soak just one shirt at a time for 12 hours. Then scrub at stains with cleaning toothbrush. And repeat with fresh boiling water and scoops of Oxi.

Thanks for your advice. I will try this.

I'm also thinking- could it be an issue that I'm using a negel vasser pail- which is pretty flat, and the shirt "puffs" up on top of the water line.. which can create an additional stain?

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 3:49 pm
Is oxyclean sold in Israel? Is there another product here that is as good?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 3:57 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for your advice. I will try this.

I'm also thinking- could it be an issue that I'm using a negel vasser pail- which is pretty flat, and the shirt "puffs" up on top of the water line.. which can create an additional stain?

It should be fine. Stain should be face down.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 4:00 pm
amother wrote:
Is oxyclean sold in Israel? Is there another product here that is as good?

I heard there's a product called oxygen. Find out from the people there if it's just as good.

Woman of Valor

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 4:20 pm
Dry clean haha

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 4:43 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I use to do this when it was just DH. Now ka"h I have been blessed with boys that are even bigger than my husband. I wash 40 white shirts weekly and have absolutely no energy or patience to scrub . I take OxyClean Spray and spray the collar and cuffs where it gets gray. Any food stains also get a spritz. I then let it sit for a few hours. Then I put it into the machine , with detergent and a quarter size of bleach , wash and hang to dry.
They are not perfect but spraying definitely makes a difference.
RAmom I will try your vinegar idea.

Wow, 40 white shirts weekly! Do you iron them or are they non-iron and come out ok? I haven't had much luck with a couple of non-irons I tried. I just wash my husband's 8 shirts weekly and iron them & even that is overwhelming for me!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry