Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Car service to Drs appontment from medicaid
1  2  Next

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 2:48 pm
Hi. Does anyone know which car services in BP offer services for a car through medicaid?

Anyone know if any of the heimisha car services are affliated with this service?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 4:15 pm
amother wrote:
Hi. Does anyone know which car services in BP offer services for a car through medicaid?

Anyone know if any of the heimisha car services are affliated with this service?

Go car

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 6:28 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Go car

Do you have their number?
Theyre heimisha drivers?
Where are they located?

Thanks!

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 8:23 pm
Bump

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 8:35 pm

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 8:55 pm
amother wrote:

Its a heimisha car service?

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 9:26 pm
Yes totally heimish

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 9:29 pm
amother wrote:
Yes totally heimish

The dispatcher said he has more not heimisha drivers then heimisha drivera 🤷‍♀️

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 1:19 am
How do you get this? Is there a certain level of disability or medical need? Because my insurance doesn't cover this unless it requires ambulance level transport with high copays.

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 6:18 am
amother wrote:
How do you get this? Is there a certain level of disability or medical need? Because my insurance doesn't cover this unless it requires ambulance level transport with high copays.

Medicaid wants their patients to go to appts so this is a service they offer.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 9:50 am
pesek zman wrote:

Vent. Another benefit the government gives on my dime. It isn't a "service they offer". Its literally a free ride that I am paying for. In a car service! Because bus fare is too demeaning? Which is what I had to do?

Other areas I know give gift cards to kids for vaccines. From government medicaid care. Um, I don't get that "benefit" either! My kids get the shot and maybe a sticker! But if your kid shows up for the appointment, they can possibly get a free car service ride AND a gift card each time?
shock

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 10:11 am
amother wrote:
Vent. Another benefit the government gives on my dime. It isn't a "service they offer". Its literally a free ride that I am paying for. In a car service! Because bus fare is too demeaning? Which is what I had to do?

Other areas I know give gift cards to kids for vaccines. From government medicaid care. Um, I don't get that "benefit" either! My kids get the shot and maybe a sticker! But if your kid shows up for the appointment, they can possibly get a free car service ride AND a gift card each time?
shock

I don't necessarily disagree but you asked the question and I'm giving you the answer.

watergirl

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 10:22 am
amother wrote:

shock

Like it or not, deserved or not, there is a stigma attached to government assistance. They assume those on medicaid wont go otherwise. We currently pay for the medicaid that our kids are on and if we dont take them to the dr and dentist for their annual exams, I get threatening phone calls that CPS will show up at my door if I don’t make an appointment and take them. I know this because I was negligent by one month with one child! I was not really negligent, but the pediatrician‘s First available appointment was not for literally three months! I finally switched pediatricians. But they monitor you like crazy.

Amarante

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 11:36 am
New York City is unique in that it has an excellent mass transit system. In many areas, there is no mass transit or such limited transit that it would be extremely difficult to go anywhere without a car.

The same is true of food shopping. In Los Angeles many poor areas have no supermarkets so people are forced to buy at local small stores that have limited stocks - especially of healthier food choices and high prices.

I agree that the our current medical system is dysfunctional since health insurance has become so expensive and the copayments/deductibles high. There was a recent article about how the current high deductible/high copayment is seriously impacting woman with breast cancer because they delay treatment because they can't afford the $6000 deductible - these are working women who are not on Medicaid.

imamother153

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 11:59 am
As far as I know every medicaid hmo insurance has $150 set aside for non medical uses/promotions. Some use that towards gift cards some towards car service. But it won’t exceed this amount.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 1:52 pm
watergirl wrote:
Like it or not, deserved or not, there is a stigma attached to government assistance. They assume those on medicaid wont go otherwise. We currently pay for the medicaid that our kids are on and if we dont take them to the dr and dentist for their annual exams, I get threatening phone calls that CPS will show up at my door if I don’t make an appointment and take them. I know this because I was negligent by one month with one child! I was not really negligent, but the pediatrician‘s First available appointment was not for literally three months! I finally switched pediatricians. But they monitor you like crazy.

There is no stigma in many communities. They openly share what benefits they get, how they "work the system", and what to do. A friend lives in a community (and she told me this) where there were mass messages about WIC and cholov yisroel milk. It was assumed huge percentage of the community were on it. People talk openly about it in my community and assume I am on it too because "arent all moms on it?"
They also talk about Medicaid and other programs.

Also, CPS must be very bored in your city. Missing one appointment won't cause them to take your kids away. They might ask about general well being but unless there are other issues, 1 missed or postponed visit (especially if you have an appointment made already) won't cause them to bring you to court. And if I missed a few and didnt tell my pediatrician I was moving/switching they might call as well. It isn't a Medicaid thing.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 1:54 pm
Amarante wrote:
New York City is unique in that it has an excellent mass transit system. In many areas, there is no mass transit or such limited transit that it would be extremely difficult to go anywhere without a car.

The same is true of food shopping. In Los Angeles many poor areas have no supermarkets so people are forced to buy at local small stores that have limited stocks - especially of healthier food choices and high prices.

I agree that the our current medical system is dysfunctional since health insurance has become so expensive and the copayments/deductibles high. There was a recent article about how the current high deductible/high copayment is seriously impacting woman with breast cancer because they delay treatment because they can't afford the $6000 deductible - these are working women who are not on Medicaid.

So if I have private insurance but no car- I still have to find a way to get there. Rides, buses etc. Been there, done that. I have lived in areas without a NYC type transit system without a car and didnt need to pay for car service- I couldn't afford it.

watergirl

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 2:08 pm
amother wrote:
There is no stigma in many communities. They openly share what benefits they get, how they "work the system", and what to do. A friend lives in a community (and she told me this) where there were mass messages about WIC and cholov yisroel milk. It was assumed huge percentage of the community were on it. People talk openly about it in my community and assume I am on it too because "arent all moms on it?"
They also talk about Medicaid and other programs.

Also, CPS must be very bored in your city. Missing one appointment won't cause them to take your kids away. They might ask about general well being but unless there are other issues, 1 missed or postponed visit (especially if you have an appointment made already) won't cause them to bring you to court. And if I missed a few and didnt tell my pediatrician I was moving/switching they might call as well. It isn't a Medicaid thing.

The stigma that I am referring to is not in the communities. They aren't the ones allowing the free car services or other benefits. Lthe stigma is from the government itself. They are the ones making the assumption that without these measures in place, people would not go to the doctor etc. And in many cases, I would probably tend to agree.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 7:54 pm
pesek zman wrote:

That's not really true; you need to have a medical need. My husband got transportation when I said he's going to a physical therapy appointment, but when I was pregnant and was going for a non-local appointment somewhere, they said that I need to have my doctor contact them to specify why I need transportation. I believe that once someone is approved for transportation, they don't need to get re-approved each time they have an appointment.

gande

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 8:03 pm
As far as I am concerned, the car service is for people on straight Medicaid. Medicaid as a primary insurance is only for the disabled and elderly so it does make sense that they need help getting to their appointment.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics