Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Double drawer dishwasher

ocean blue

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 5:51 pm
I am looking into buying a double drawer dishwasher. I don't own enough dishes to fill my dishwasher during the week, and was wondering if I could use one of those double dishwasher for milchig/fleishig. Anyone using one? Which brand is good?

librarygirl

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 5:54 pm
I had a fisher paykel. It can be used for milchigs and fleishigs, but it broke constantly. And I think all the double drawer dishwashers are known to break. Don't even think of buying without a long term warranty.

ocean blue

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 10:02 pm
Thanx for the feedback. I will look into the warranties.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:37 pm
What about adding other items to fill it up? I wash our bathroom cups. the negol vasser kvart.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:51 pm
librarygirl wrote:
I had a fisher paykel. It can be used for milchigs and fleishigs, but it broke constantly. And I think all the double drawer dishwashers are known to break. Don't even think of buying without a long term warranty.

I’ve had mine for 3 years and it hasn’t broken yet. Officially the top is parve and the bottom is dairy, but I put all my glass from shabbos into both- glasses, dip bowls, any shot cup that are able to go into the dishwasher, any glass serving dishes....

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 3:08 pm
librarygirl wrote:

The Fishers used to be top of the line, but I think they are made in Korea now, and the reviews have gone downhill FAST. If you are in Israel, the parts and service will cost you more than a new dishwasher. I used to dream of getting a Fisher, but after what I've read over the years, that dream is crushed. Sad

If you have the room, I would suggest getting two "apartment size" dishwashers, and have them installed instead. Either that, or get one small one for the dishes you use most, and wash the others by hand.

syrima

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 10:02 pm
I have a Fisher Paykell - it's pretty old now, over 10 years.
Have had to fix it more than once, each time cost at least $200.
The milchig one is broken now, we don't use it that much bc it's low down, and hard for me to bend that far.
While it's nice to throw in a load during the week, we have to run 2 cycles for the Shabbos dishes, which takes a lot longer.
Next time it breaks, am replacing it with one regular dishwasher. Confused
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars