Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Sugar Free / Gluten Free Shavous Dairy Recipes

SesameSeeds

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 8:50 pm
Anybody have any recipes for dairy dishes that are sugar free and gluten free?
I would love to get Blintzes, Cheescake and other recipes that are fruit sweetened, but if I cant I'd use some kind of sugar substitute that tastes good.

I never use any sugar substitutes so I am really not familiar which ones are good but I dont want to feel deprived so I want to make myself some stuff too.

any ideas?

egam

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 10:27 pm
Are you specifically looking for dessert recipes? You can make Pesach blintzes and add strawberry or raspberry purée to the filling. You can make cheese cake without crust or make crust out of nuts. I’m not sure how to sweeten it though. Is honey an option?
If you want savory, I make mini spinach frittatas, eggplant roll ups with goat cheese, eggplant parmesan can be made without bread crumbs.

myself

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 4:49 am
You can replace the sugar in your recipe cup for cup with xylitol, or use honey or stevia liquid but those don't work as exact replacements and you'll need to experiment. You might also be able to sweeten with mashed banana, but again, not so straightforward.

amother
Red

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 7:04 am
Eggplant parmigian
Butternut squash soup
Salmon or tilapia
Greek salad
Baked apples with cinnamon

SesameSeeds

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 10:50 am
egam wrote:
Are you specifically looking for dessert recipes? You can make Pesach blintzes and add strawberry or raspberry purée to the filling. You can make cheese cake without crust or make crust out of nuts. I’m not sure how to sweeten it though. Is honey an option?
If you want savory, I make mini spinach frittatas, eggplant roll ups with goat cheese, eggplant parmesan can be made without bread crumbs.

yes, I would love dessert recipes.
No honey

With regular food I am quite familiar since I am on this diet for quite a while. I mage eggplant parmesan all the time with almond flour.

SesameSeeds

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 10:51 am
myself wrote:
You can replace the sugar in your recipe cup for cup with xylitol, or use honey or stevia liquid but those don't work as exact replacements and you'll need to experiment. You might also be able to sweeten with mashed banana, but again, not so straightforward.

Which sugar replacement do you find tastes the most like regular sugar?
Again, its not something I would usually use and I never tried it in the past so even if its not the healthiest I would just use it for Y"T so I dont feel so deprived..

SesameSeeds

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 10:52 am
amother wrote:
Eggplant parmigian
Butternut squash soup
Salmon or tilapia
Greek salad
Baked apples with cinnamon

Baked apple is a nice idea for dessert but I would love some dairy recipes for milchig Kiddush.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 11:16 am
SesameSeeds wrote:
Which sugar replacement do you find tastes the most like regular sugar?
Again, its not something I would usually use and I never tried it in the past so even if its not the healthiest I would just use it for Y"T so I dont feel so deprived..

Splenda.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 9:57 am
bumping this up.
I need healthy recipe for shavous.
dairy or meat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics