Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Recover files from SD card?

lfab

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 12:58 pm
Any tech savvy individuals on here know if it's possible to recover files from an SD card? Somehow all the pictures and videos from my phone, which were saved on a micro sd card I had in my phone, are gone! I'm not sure if one of my kids accidently erased them or the card got corrupted. If they were erased is there any way to recover them? Can I do it myself on a computer? Can I bring it somewhere? I really don't want to lose all the pictures and videos!

doctorima

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 2:54 pm
There are programs that can sometimes recover your files, but depending on what happened, you may need to pay a professional. It should be doable though; it will be up to you if the cost is worth it. The most important thing is not to use the card any more, because once the deleted files are written over, it becomes virtually impossible to get them back.

weasley

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 4:38 pm
Download the program 'recuva' I managed to recover a huge amount of pictures with it

rainbow

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 9:35 pm
Op, if you find a way to recover your photos can you post again? Same thing happened to me.

myname1

Post Wed, May 09 2018, 4:11 am
doctorima wrote:
The most important thing is not to use the card any more, because once the deleted files are written over, it becomes virtually impossible to get them back.

I was told the same thing- make sure nobody takes any photos/videos on that phone before you've dealt with it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics