Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
When do your girls stop wearing pants
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 1:24 pm
pesek zman wrote:
I wish people would say how they identify. Chassidish? Yeshivish? MO?

We are probably somewhere in between mo and yeshivish. I lean more towards MO and my husband leans more towards yeshivish.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 2:13 pm
amother wrote:
Never. I wear pants..The school requires a skirt from 4th grade but all the girls just put one on over pants/leggings.

If it's between livush gever and tsnius, I find the proper pants to be far more modest than the wrong skirts. And the idea of putting a baby/young toddler in skirts for modesty reasons just seems plain ridiculous to me. A lot more is going to show at that age. Even leggings cover more than tights.

why is it either or? you can find plenty proper skirts.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 2:23 pm
She will stop whenever she feels like it. Its completely fine with myself and DH and in our community you have frum people dressed in all different ways.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 2:46 pm
gold21 wrote:
Honestly, not to be a Rebbetzin, but skirts are not super tznius on young girls. Until they're mature enough to carry themselves a certain way, putting on a skirt translates to exposed underwear constantly. Not that they're required to be tznius, so it all works out. Just pointing out the obvious.

Strongly agree. I actually find it a little gross when toddlers and babies are just wearing dresses with diapers and the the diaper can leak on the floor/a chair etc. I always put on one of those diaper covers at least.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, May 10 2018, 2:47 pm
finallyamommy wrote:
Following the advice of a friend of ours, DH is insistent that we start our daughter in skirts from when she can walk well, so it was somewhere around 12-18 months. Now she's a bit over two and only wants to wear skirts anyway, though when it's cold we'll put pants under them.

Based on the advice of a friend he is insistent that a baby only wear skirts?

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 6:44 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Strongly agree. I actually find it a little gross when toddlers and babies are just wearing dresses with diapers and the the diaper can leak on the floor/a chair etc. I always put on one of those diaper covers at least.

Underwear? tights? leggings? shorts?

amother
Coral

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 7:23 am
finallyamommy wrote:
Following the advice of a friend of ours, DH is insistent that we start our daughter in skirts from when she can walk well, so it was somewhere around 12-18 months. Now she's a bit over two and only wants to wear skirts anyway, though when it's cold we'll put pants under them.

Why would you copy what your friend does? Did you ever check if it’s backed up by a rav?
Diapers with a skirt at 12 month old Rolling Eyes

This seems so misguided- are you BT btw?

behappy2

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 7:23 am
I have a feeling my daughter will decide before me. She is only two and already insisting on only wearing tights! She pulls up all her socks...

amother
Wine

Post Fri, May 11 2018, 7:48 am
My 8 year old doesn’t officially wear pants but she’ll go out in her pajamas on the rare occasion that might call for that, or in leggings if she’s going to a dance class.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics