Home

How do you trust reviews of cookbooks?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Linen


Post  Wed, May 09 2018, 2:58 pm
I'm a crazy recipe book collector and own almost all of them.
I own the good ones and the not so good ones.

Almost all of them were bought by looking for reviews online, but I've realized that alot of them comes from people who get it for free so they should share it on their instagram/facebook etc account. So of course it will be with great reviews.

(I'm not naming any cookbooks but I've seen the reviews of a few and they were really exaggerated after buying and checking out the cookbooks)
Back to top

Ruchel




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 09 2018, 3:02 pm
I trust "real" people much more. I bought some cookbooks expecting heimish and got apricot jam and American ingredients... lol.
Back to top

amother




Linen


Post  Wed, May 09 2018, 3:07 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I trust "real" people much more. I bought some cookbooks expecting heimish and got apricot jam and American ingredients... lol.


That's exactly it! I also thought they're real people... oh well
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 09 2018, 3:09 pm
amother wrote:
I'm a crazy recipe book collector and own almost all of them.
I own the good ones and the not so good ones.

Almost all of them were bought by looking for reviews online, but I've realized that alot of them comes from people who get it for free so they should share it on their instagram/facebook etc account. So of course it will be with great reviews.

(I'm not naming any cookbooks but I've seen the reviews of a few and they were really exaggerated after buying and checking out the cookbooks)

Borrow from the library. Try a few recipes. See if it's a book you want to purchase.
Back to top

amother




Linen


Post  Wed, May 09 2018, 3:18 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Borrow from the library. Try a few recipes. See if it's a book you want to purchase.


We don't have such a library where I live
Back to top

Ruchel




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 09 2018, 3:22 pm
My husband and I collect cookbooks. We sometimes can read through them before buying, either irl or online. If not, then it's bound to happen unless maybe you can get other foodies to tell u
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 


Post  Wed, May 09 2018, 4:52 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Borrow from the library. Try a few recipes. See if it's a book you want to purchase.

There are also usually preview recipes in reviews and articles. See if they appeal to you. If they do, try the recipes before deciding if you should buy the book.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Irene Lace Top cost and reviews
by amother
1 Yesterday at 10:01 am View last post
Would you trust a therapist for your child that looks young?
by amother
18 Tue, Jan 14 2020, 2:48 pm View last post
Multisensory Kriah - Rivky Katz: reviews?
by seeker
7 Wed, Jan 01 2020, 10:24 pm View last post
Any reviews of Osmo learning games
by amother
1 Mon, Nov 25 2019, 11:00 am View last post
Reviews on Closeout connections linen
by amother
15 Thu, Nov 14 2019, 2:03 pm View last post

Jump to: