Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How does this "no internet access" thing work?
Previous  1  2

sarahd

Post Thu, Nov 15 2007, 1:44 pm
AFAIK, libraries here don't have public internet access. But you're right of course, although the library is an option in any event - without internet, with filtered internet, with supervised internet, etc.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2007, 8:09 pm
Quote:
AFAIK, libraries here don't have public internet access. But you're right of course, although the library is an option in any event - without internet, with filtered internet, with supervised internet, etc.

Well, when I was in sem. (in England), we used to occasionally sneak-off to the library to use the internet (we actually were allowed to go to an internet cafe, just not a library, but we wanted free internet access)

amother

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 12:28 am
When I was about 10 or 11 internet became a big thing and the public library got internet access so I would go there all the time because I never had internet or tv at home so I wanted to check out what the deal was with it. In those days there were no blockers on the web so I was able to go to pretty much any site.
Later we moved to a new house that wasnt as close to the library as before and since I was so hooked on the web I got a friend's dial up login info and I would go on dial up from the phone line.
Then I just got fed up with the slow login and everything so I just went ahead and got cable in my room.
I think if u restrict a child too much they will just break free. I like to compare it to a sling shot, the further back you pull it the further it will fly.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 12:46 am
palm pilots, I recently found out, have internet access and do not have a history checking thing and most spying software don't work on them. Sad

MrsLeo

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 12:00 pm
amother wrote:
palm pilots, I recently found out, have internet access and do not have a history checking thing and most spying software don't work on them. Sad

Also Cellphones. You'd be amazed wat u can get out of the web on a cellphone.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 20 2007, 12:15 pm
internet on such a small screen is sooo useless
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics