Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
NYU Hospital Bars Satmar Bikur Cholim,
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

farm

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 12:47 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Do the volunteers walk to Manhattan on YomTov? If the hospital is in walking distance, then I am sure that volunteers go in on Yomtov.

In our case, a volunteer who lived nearby walked daily over yom tov. Aside for making sure the food was set up nicely in the bikur cholim room, he visited the Jewish patients (and said birchas kohanim for my daughter both days! So touching! We are serious shul goers and this probably was the first birchas cohanim she missed since birth). I don't know if or how he had a list. He knew to look for us since he met me in the bikur cholim room.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 12:56 pm
farm wrote:
In our case, a volunteer who lived nearby walked daily over yom tov. Aside for making sure the food was set up nicely in the bikur cholim room, he visited the Jewish patients (and said birchas kohanim for my daughter both days! So touching! We are serious shul goers and this probably was the first birchas cohanim she missed since birth). I don't know if or how he had a list. He knew to look for us since he met me in the bikur cholim room.

So he brought food from home for the bikur cholim room? He really has a place in Gan Eden for the wonderful chessed that he does!

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 1:24 pm
amother wrote:
DNR=Do Not Resuscitate
DNI=Do Not Intubate

Do not Intervene is a made up term-it is not medical terminology and is not used in a medical setting.

Nevertheless, it was used in its full words, not with the shortened version.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 1:47 pm
btw if anyone wants to speak the truth about how hospitals try to end peoples lives because they decided this person is not a candidate for medicine, I can tell you about Maimonides and how they treat people because end of life is in their hands.

all im saying is that its becoming an increasing issue and all hospitals do it. its in the USA and in Europe. hashem yishmor when the gentile decides who will live and who will die. we need moshiach.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 1:49 pm
the bottom line is that there must be a middle ground. too much is not good and too little is not good. the hospital needs to find a middle ground. going too far is likely gonna cause a bad relationship with them and people will opt out of this place. they will have to find a middle ground.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 2:48 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I only saw one at Sinai-Grace front entrance. Beaumont and Providence front entrance has no security, only in the ER. Never saw one at the front of Henry Ford Wyandotte either.

Hutzel/Harper, Receiving, Sinai-Grace, Heart Hospital, HFH in Detroit

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 2:57 pm
amother wrote:
Hutzel/Harper, Receiving, Sinai-Grace, Heart Hospital, HFH in Detroit

It totally makes sense at those and probably within the next decade, it will be everywhere.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 8:11 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 11:20 am
amother wrote:
Why do people need bikur cholim to bring food? There are kosher meals available at the hospital.

Brought a relative in to the hospital via ambulance to a different hospital once on shabbos. When, after being there for several hours, I asked about getting food for him (he was already being seen by doctors, etc, just not in a regular room yet) I was told that they couldn't do that because we hadn't been admitted to the hospital.

B"H I remembered there was a bikur cholim room from a previous visit, otherwise he and I would have gone most of shabbos day without eating anything.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 11:46 am
amother wrote:
Brought a relative in to the hospital via ambulance to a different hospital once on shabbos. When, after being there for several hours, I asked about getting food for him (he was already being seen by doctors, etc, just not in a regular room yet) I was told that they couldn't do that because we hadn't been admitted to the hospital.

B"H I remembered there was a bikur cholim room from a previous visit, otherwise he and I would have gone most of shabbos day without eating anything.

I was just in 2 NYU hospitals last week. One had a bikur cholim room. They labeled my food and left it in the room for me.

The other NYU, the food was left at Beth Isreal down the block in their Bikor Cholim room. I

Mevater

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 12:56 am
What happened, since last year, with NYU allowing Satmar Bikur Cholim Volunteers to give out food, like they used to?

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 2:14 am
Don’t think it’s still an issue. Was there a few weeks ago and we got food
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries