Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Mazel Tov! Jerusalem!

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 12:57 pm
Hodu LaShem Ki Tov! Thank you Hashem and President Trump His Keli for moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem! Happening tomorrow!

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 1:43 pm
OOC - do you live in Israel?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 2:41 pm
amother wrote:
Hodu LaShem Ki Tov! Thank you Hashem and President Trump His Keli for moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem! Happening tomorrow!

*Shaliach

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 3:23 pm
I thought this post was going to be about the fact that today was yom yerushaliyim Smile

etky

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 3:29 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I thought this post was going to be about the fact that today was yom yerushaliyim Smile

I also thought it was for Yom Yerushalayim or, that maybe it was congratulating Israel on winning the Eurovision last night, as a result of which Jerusalem will be hosting the contest next year - as Netta proclaimed on the stage in Lisbon last night "Leshana Haba'ah Beyerushalayim".

etky

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 3:38 pm
In case anyone cares to revisit the miracle that happened here 51 years ago today, here is a youtube recording of the momentous moments as the Old City and the Kotel fell under Israeli control:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRxP5JtbA34

etky

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 8:51 am
Live coverage of the celebratory opening of the new US embassy in Jerusalem:

https://www.facebook.com/USEmb.....5622/

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 9:01 am
Sha'alu shalom Yerushalayim.
And etky, my filter isn't allowing me to open your 1967 link but I'm sure I know what it is, so I liked it! I love it, and I'm tearing up as I type this.
To anyone who hasn't read The 28th of Iyar by Rabbi Emanuel Feldman, please do so ASA you can.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 9:05 am
The one thing that bothers me about all this is how much stake I see other Jews putting into America's opinion. Like THIS is what affirms that Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel.
We've always known that. I don't need Evangelicals telling me where the capital of Israel is. At the opening, Robert Jeffress, who has publicly announced that Jews won't be "saved" and that the three greatest Jews are Peter, Paul, and J***s Chr*st, will be giving a speech. John Hagee, who has blamed Jews for their "disobedience" that caused their persecution throughout the years, will be speaking as well.
It might be nice that to feel that the non-Jews are finally acknowledging us. Don't forget that this is part of their prophecy, where all Jews return to Israel before we all get killed.
So thanks, but you didn't "gift" me anything; Jerusalem was always our capital.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
The one thing that bothers me about all this is how much stake I see other Jews putting into America's opinion. Like THIS is what affirms that Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel.
We've always known that. I don't need Evangelicals telling me where the capital of Israel is. At the opening, Robert Jeffress, who has publicly announced that Jews won't be "saved" and that the three greatest Jews are Peter, Paul, and J***s Chr*st, will be giving a speech. John Hagee, who has blamed Jews for their "disobedience" that caused their persecution throughout the years, will be speaking as well.
It might be nice that to feel that the non-Jews are finally acknowledging us. Don't forget that this is part of their prophecy, where all Jews return to Israel before we all get killed.
So thanks, but you didn't "gift" me anything; Jerusalem was always our capital.

The neviim are full of promises that the nations of the world will recognize Hashem and the place of Jerusalem. We don't need the United States to tell us what we already know, but the recognition by a superpower is surely part of the larger historical picture.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 9:23 am
amother wrote:
The neviim are full of promises that the nations of the world will recognize Hashem and the place of Jerusalem. We don't need the United States to tell us what we already know, but the recognition by a superpower is surely part of the larger historical picture.

And because all of us are still in galus, there are political considerations. Not that I have to agree with them, but I realize that there were decisions to be made.

ssspectacular

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 1:47 pm
I'm a child of Holocaust surviviors and I kept thinking how enthused my father would have been had he been alive to see the festivities and hear the speakers. He used to say that a dog was allowed to live, but we were not. To see the USA honor Israel this way was special. And many speakers mentioned Hashem and Jewish pesukim. I was so happy (and emotional) to see this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics