Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
S/O power of tefillah

Kiwi13

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 8:40 pm
I didn’t want to hijack the OP’s beautiful thread, but I’d like to share a cute story on the topic. My 2-year old son recently began to understand tefillah and his first prayers were asking Hashem for snow, presumably because I made a comment about letting him use his new umbrella in the snow. So he davened for snow, daily, in late April and early May. Hashem answered his tefillos, daily, in late April and early May. My apologies to the greater upstate NY region.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 8:52 pm
Thats amazing! You must be doing a really good job as a mother! A child understanding that we can get anything we just need to ask Hashem
Applause

Kiwi13

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 8:58 pm
Thanks! I’ve been talking to him about Hashem and tefillah practically since he was born, telling him things like, “Tatty is davening now, that means he is talking to Hashem.” He’s just now starting to understand and he’s throwing in little insights here and there, like for example he told me recently that firefighters put out fires using water that Hashem makes when it rains. Such nachas, B”H. Heart

zaq

Post Sun, May 13 2018, 11:27 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
So he davened for snow, daily, in late April and early May. Hashem answered his tefillos, daily, in late April and early May. My apologies to the greater upstate NY region.
. Lol!

momnaturally

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 12:29 am
Wow Kiwi that's amazing.
Your kids are so lucky !
I wish I grew up like that with Hashem so tangible.
I'm making up for lost time now...

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 5:36 am
When I was little I used to daven daily that Hashem would send me a truck full of chocolate. I so seriously believed this that every day I would run out to the driveway and look for the truck.

No one had told me that Hashem only sends things that are good for you, and that perhaps it wasn't in my best interest to have a truck full of chocolate. I had to learn that lesson as an adult!

amother
Violet

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 9:08 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
When I was little I used to daven daily that Hashem would send me a truck full of chocolate. I so seriously believed this that every day I would run out to the driveway and look for the truck.

No one had told me that Hashem only sends things that are good for you, and that perhaps it wasn't in my best interest to have a truck full of chocolate. I had to learn that lesson as an adult!

About the second paragraph, in my experience, I feel that Hashem really tries to listen to weather requests. (I mean the cohen gadol has to pray on Yom Kippur that Hashem doesn't listen to those who are traveling.)

I've cried from the bottom of my heart for God to stop the rain, because running home a mile in the rain, would be the icing on a no-good, very bad day. When the rain stopped until I got home, and then downpoured seconds after I walked in the door, I always told myself that I really need to daven for more important things when I'm that broken hearted.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational