Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Rehydrating Parsley

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 7:51 am
Can I rehydrate dry parsley?
With water, oil, mix?
If not
Where in Brklyn can I buy pre checked parsley

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 8:22 am
amother wrote:
Can I rehydrate dry parsley?
With water, oil, mix?
If not
Where in Brklyn can I buy pre checked parsley

What is it for?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 10:32 am
Fill basin with cold water, add a swish of white vinegar.
Add the fresh parsley. Swish it around. Any live creatures will die and sink to the bottom within seconds.
Remove the parsley, spill the water, rinse the basin, refill it with cold water. Dunk the parsley in the plain cold water.
Ready to use.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 3:50 pm
My eyes are not so good to check.
I want to make taboulli salad
I heard some ppl use dry

cbg

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 3:51 pm
amother wrote:
Fill basin with cold water, add a swish of white vinegar.
Add the fresh parsley. Swish it around. Any live creatures will die and sink to the bottom within seconds.
Remove the parsley, spill the water, rinse the basin, refill it with cold water. Dunk the parsley in the plain cold water.
Ready to use.

Is this really enough.
I don’t use because it’s so hard to check

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 3:52 pm
amother wrote:
My eyes are not so good to check.
I want to make taboulli salad
I heard some ppl use dry

You can use dry. You'll need 1/3 of the amound you'd use of fresh parsley. No need to rehydrate as the salad is already wet. You'll be missing some flavor but it will still be good.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 4:12 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You can use dry. You'll need 1/3 of the amound you'd use of fresh parsley. No need to rehydrate as the salad is already wet. You'll be missing some flavor but it will still be good.

Wet? Do you mean from the tomatoes and lemon juice is that enough
Or-
Should I add the dry parsley to the bulgar and then add the hot water

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 4:31 pm
amother wrote:
Wet? Do you mean from the tomatoes and lemon juice is that enough
Or-
Should I add the dry parsley to the bulgar and then add the hot water

The moisture from the tomatoes and lemon juice is enough.

Shoshie

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 5:50 pm
When I tried to rehydrate dried parsley, the green never brightened. In something like tabouli, the vivid green of fresh parsley makes the salad look more appealing. I've learned to throw a couple of the frozen b'gan cubes in with the tomatoes and cucumbers. Definitely perks up the visual of the salad.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 10:36 pm
Shoshie wrote:
When I tried to rehydrate dried parsley, the green never brightened. In something like tabouli, the vivid green of fresh parsley makes the salad look more appealing. I've learned to throw a couple of the frozen b'gan cubes in with the tomatoes and cucumbers. Definitely perks up the visual of the salad.

That’s a good idea.
I’ll see if I can find some.
Do I mix dry and frozen?

Shoshie

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 11:34 pm
amother wrote:
That’s a good idea.
I’ll see if I can find some.
Do I mix dry and frozen?

I don't mix them. I just use the frozen, and to me that adds enough parsley flavor. If you think it needs more parsley taste, you can always shake the dried stuff in later.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 11:40 pm
In my experience, dried parsley has no flavor. It's just there to look interesting, and it doesn't even achieve that.

If you buy flat leaf (Italian) parsley, it is really easy to check. Just do the rinse and swish method mentioned above. I've never found a bug on flat leaf parsley, and I am always careful. It's not they type of plant that bugs find appealing, like lettuce.

(BTW, I'm in Israel, and bugs are so common on produce! To not find any really says something. If you're in America, you're even safer, because grocery stores will not carry infested produce. Here, if you complain about bugs, the customer service people will just shrug and look at you like "You must be American." LOL )
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen