Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Which crib/toddler bed to get?

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 2:00 pm
My son is 14.5 months old. Right now he's still in a Pack 'n Play. I'm expecting another baby now, and I'm debating about what to do for sleeping arrangements afterward. I figured that I'd put the new baby in the Pack 'n Play and possibly buy a convertible crib/bed for my son.

Logistically, we have a small second bedroom where my son currently sleeps. There would be room for one toddler/twin-sized bed and a crib or Pack 'n Play, but conserving space would be a definite factor in what to buy. I don't need a changing station or drawers included.

Any recommendations for a convertible crib that's not too expensive? I see all these things that don't come with the mattress or the conversion kit or the new bed frame. I'd prefer a recommendation that's not going to become crazy expensive once you factor in all the additional parts.

I hope I'm making myself clear...

timana

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 2:01 pm
Dream on me crib from Wal-Mart. Around 70 dollars

baltomom

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 2:09 pm
Are you sure it makes sense to get a convertible crib/toddler bed? By the time your DS is ready to move out of a crib your baby will iy"H need it--because at some point babies/toddler are too big for a pack 'n play and/or start climbing out of it, while a full-sized crib is much harder to climb out of. You can get a regular crib now, and then in a year or two when you're ready to move your older child to a bed, you can decide whether to buy him a toddler bed (which will conserve space for a couple of years--I've had kids in those til age 5) or a twin bed, which will have long-term use.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 2:14 pm
GULLIVER crib from ikea. $99, comes with parts to convert to toddler bed. mattress you buy separately.
they have other options as well. we have this for 4 years of heavy use & still in great condition.
we added a pullout trundle bed (from hatzlacha store) later on for my other child.

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

weasley

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 6:19 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
GULLIVER crib from ikea. $99, comes with parts to convert to toddler bed. mattress you buy separately.
they have other options as well. we have this for 4 years of heavy use & still in great condition.
we added a pullout trundle bed (from hatzlacha store) later on for my other child.

Not op, but I just checked this out and it's coming up as $199. ..

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 6:49 pm
weasley wrote:
Not op, but I just checked this out and it's coming up as $199. ..

GULLIVER
Crib, white
$99.00
Article Number: 802.485.25

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jun 10 2018, 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 2:09 pm
baltomom wrote:
Are you sure it makes sense to get a convertible crib/toddler bed? By the time your DS is ready to move out of a crib your baby will iy"H need it--because at some point babies/toddler are too big for a pack 'n play and/or start climbing out of it, while a full-sized crib is much harder to climb out of. You can get a regular crib now, and then in a year or two when you're ready to move your older child to a bed, you can decide whether to buy him a toddler bed (which will conserve space for a couple of years--I've had kids in those til age 5) or a twin bed, which will have long-term use.

That's a fair point.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics