Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
US opens embassy in Jerusalem
Previous  1  2

etky

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:06 am
merpk wrote:
^^^Yeah, all this.

And I am just paranoid enough to be convinced that the price that was extracted was the date chosen. I mean, seriously. It's "Nakba day," immediately following Yom Yerushalayim, and immediately followed by Ramadan. All in one week.

In other words, could Trump have picked a more explosive let's-kick-of-WW3 day to do this?

No.

And the fact that he invited Hagee and that other "Jews are going to hell" pastor to speak at the opening? That's a coincidence??

Nope.

I think this is how Trump got the Evangelicals to back his candidacy altogether. He promised them THIS. "You back me for president, and I'll fast-forward the whole battle-of-Armageddon thing, and even slot you in for a quick speech before the opening pitch."

Really, I think that.

In other words, this was all promised by Trump to the Evangelicals, to get their backing for his candidacy.

And all he promised us (the Jews) was to move the embassy (which Congress had already legislated to do 20 years ago). As long as he got to pick the date. And he couldn't just pick, oh, say, June 17th. Nope. This is what he picked. Because this is the price that was demanded of him.

Except now *we* have to pay it.

Yesterday was May 14th -a highly appropriate date for completing the process put into motion by President Truman, exactly 70 years ago, on May 14th 1948, the day of the creation of the State of Israel.
Yes, it is an extraordinary convergence of symbolic dates in this one week but I think that this is why May 14th was selected.

DrMom

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 8:02 am
merpk wrote:
^^^Yeah, all this.

And I am just paranoid enough to be convinced that the price that was extracted was the date chosen. I mean, seriously. It's "Nakba day," immediately following Yom Yerushalayim, and immediately followed by Ramadan. All in one week.

In other words, could Trump have picked a more explosive let's-kick-of-WW3 day to do this?

No.

And the fact that he invited Hagee and that other "Jews are going to hell" pastor to speak at the opening? That's a coincidence??

Nope.

I think this is how Trump got the Evangelicals to back his candidacy altogether. He promised them THIS. "You back me for president, and I'll fast-forward the whole battle-of-Armageddon thing, and even slot you in for a quick speech before the opening pitch."

Really, I think that.

In other words, this was all promised by Trump to the Evangelicals, to get their backing for his candidacy.

And all he promised us (the Jews) was to move the embassy (which Congress had already legislated to do 20 years ago). As long as he got to pick the date. And he couldn't just pick, oh, say, June 17th. Nope. This is what he picked. Because this is the price that was demanded of him.

Except now *we* have to pay it.

Oh please. Arabs would riot no matter what date was picked.

Laiya

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 8:35 am
Very troubling to me was the lack of any current elected Democratic representation in Israel.

As Joe Lieberman, who went, put it, It's hard not to conclude that the current Democratic party does not want to be seen as pro Israel.

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 8:54 am
It's good. Everyone knows the capital is Jlem, hence why they want it.

ValleyMom

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 10:39 am
We have waited and waited and waited and waited for this day to come.
I have never been a big fan of Trump- starting when he had his reality TV show but at the very least I am grateful for his BOLD MOVE.

This is just one step closer to Moshiach revealing himself.

The world has indeed gone mad- but WE have the US Embassy in Jerusalem!

(FYI I am not a big fan of Hillary Clinton either.)

Regarding the riots near Gaza- this is done on a regular basis- for many it's just their daily routine... shower, get dressed, pray, eat breakfast, head over to the Gaza border and throw rocks...
The world news, especially BBC NEVER EVER print anything remotely Pro Israel- even when Palestinian teenage GIRLS are poking and prodding Israeli soldiers with their iphones ready to video a reaction....

shiaeisen

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 5:46 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I'm pretty scared about the price.

But yes, peace would be lovely.

Lack of Emunah. G-d runs the world.

shiaeisen

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 5:47 pm
Deep wrote:
I've been thinking a lot about this today. I worry that this move will be used to force Israel to reciprocate by making a similarly grand concession at the negotiating table.

Uh uh. Trump is not Obama. He’s aware of the dangers of giving in to the terrorists and will not force anything on Bibi.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:04 pm
Laiya wrote:
Very troubling to me was the lack of any current elected Democratic representation in Israel.

As Joe Lieberman, who went, put it, It's hard not to conclude that the current Democratic party does not want to be seen as pro Israel.

Yes, that's troubling to me too. What happens the next time the Democrats are in in control?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:30 pm
shiaeisen wrote:
Uh uh. Trump is not Obama. He’s aware of the dangers of giving in to the terrorists and will not force anything on Bibi.

He's not Obama.
I think he understands about not giving in to terrorists.
But re forcing anything on Bibi, al tivtechu b'nedivim. Anything can turn on a dime.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:31 pm
Laiya wrote:

Do you mean Democrat or democratic? Wink

Laiya

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 8:22 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Do you mean Democrat or democratic? Wink

Ya got me Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics