Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
What can I send my sister to do in bed while recuperating?

Sparkle

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 7:23 pm
Hi,
I need suggestions of what I can send my sister who just had some major surgery and is bedridden for the next few weeks? She is in her early twenties. While I'm open to all suggestions, I'm especially looking for things she can do over the upcoming 3 day chag!
Thanks!

yamz

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 7:46 pm
Wow, that's going to be rough. It's kind of you to think of her. Beyond the obvious books and magazines, there are a few games one can play by oneself. Solitaire and rush hour come to mind, but there are many others. Will she feel up to company? Then you (or others?) can chat with her and play any number of other board games over yom tov. After the chag, there will be many more options. Would she like knitting or needlepoint or jewelry making or origami or other crafts? She can listen to music and take free online classes if she has internet. There are also movies to watch. And of course, shiurim. I'm sure regular phone calls from friends and loved ones will make a big difference.

Best of luck and refuah sheleimah to your sister!

pesek zman

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 8:24 pm
Magazines

MGmom

Post Mon, May 14 2018, 8:51 pm
Puzzles, large ones and for after chag if she’s the type u can get adult paint by number. Some beautiful pieces w intricate work.

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:47 am
Depends what she likes! I would go crazy with puzzles and paint

singleagain

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 8:08 am
The mom of a friend of mine had a bed ridden surgery and I went to Amazan and got her

Dammit Doll ... Bc it looked fun. But I would go for any doll you think she might like.. you're never too old for a doll.
Essential oil diffuser AND
Variety oil pack ... bc why not spoil her a bit
Cayola twistable pencils (so no need to sharpen) and
Two coloring books, one with Psalms and one with blessings, ... Bc she is one of my spiritual rocks
And her favorite chocolate... Bc who doesn't like chocolate

Also for her family who was taking care of her, I sent some DVDs, her fav chocolate ... Bc it's hard on the caregivers also.

Basically, I'd look for things that your sister would like, and I'd include something to spoil her, (in this case chocolates, oils) something to distract her, (crayons and coloring) something she can take her anger out on (damnit doll in this case, or something soft and punchable)

Also, if there's something your sister hasn't bought bc of price or something, and you can afford it. Get it now for her.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 8:12 am
If you can call her friends and arrange for them to visit her , and even aquaintences that don't know her so well. When I had surgery , I had friends visit with other people I've never met. They kept me entertained and it really took my mind off the pain. Visitors really help with breaking up the monotony of being cooped up in bed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics