Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Macy’s/Bobs furniture quality

chocolatecake

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 12:06 am
I need a new dining room table and chairs. My dining room is central station in my house and my kids are hard on furniture. If I go the cheap route Macy’s/bobs will I regret it or is it silly to go expensive my kids will ruin it just the same as the cheaper stuff?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 12:23 am
I did not have a good experience with my bob's table and chairs. They're already wobbly in the first few years since we got married without kids use.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 1:42 am
I got a Macys closeout couch 18 years ago. fabric is just beginning to yhin and tear in corners. otherwise its in fine shape.
we got a dining table from ikea 6 years ago. also central in the house- used 24/7. we keep it covered always to protect it and its going strong. for what we paid we already got our moneys worth . not sure if that helps.

saw50st8

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 7:15 am
You are better off calling a place like Katz furniture and give them your price range. They can get you much better quality for less.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 9:39 am
I have a couch from Bob's and it is great!

There is something called "Bob's Goof Proof."

For a small price you can pay to have a warranty on the item and if there is so much as a scratch or whatever, they have to either fix it or replace it. I think it's worth it -- at least for a couch!

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 9:58 am
I wouldn't get a dining room table & chairs from bobs. Especially with kids it won't last long enough & it's not that cheap. When we asked bobs about the quality they said it's as good as you treat it. My sis just got a set from bobs & you can see on it that it's not top rate.
Is there a Chasuna mall in your area? You might find good quality for good price there.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 10:40 am
Bob's is pretty much disposable quality.

No clue about Macy's. My guess is that they have a range of quality.

Have you considered checking Craigslist for estate or moving sales? We got our table that way. Its not the highest quality on earth, but for $200, it looks fine, and its holding on after about 15 years.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 11:36 am
We got Macys dining room chairs last year and while they are nice and we really like them, I'm not sure how durable they are with young wild kids, my kids are older.

Sebastian

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 11:39 am
macys is better quality than bob's

OutATowner

Post Tue, May 15 2018, 12:02 pm
LOVE my Bob's couch. Looks new after 3 years of constant use. Don't know about dining room though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics