Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Bais Shifra Miriam in Monsey
Previous  1  2

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 3:01 pm
From what I know, BDY
Older grades at least, has a very with-it chassidish crowd similar to Vien BP
Or Gan Yisroel and BSM is way more chassidish / simple /old school crowd.

My friends who send to BDY have their boys in Imrei Shefer or Munkatch

BSM parents typically have in Bais Dovid or neutral chassidish cheder like Kloizenberg

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:39 pm
Disclaimer: please do not take this post as negative, it is only fact finding oriented.
Could anyone tell me any "greatness" of BSM. I do have family members students at BSM. The education level is probably even less than some chassidish school. Their claim to fame used to be that they are accepting all kinds of families including yemenits etc. But apparently that is not the case any more and they did turned to be judgmental. Could anyone enlighten me.

cnc

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:47 pm
amother wrote:
Disclaimer: please do not take this post as negative, it is only fact finding oriented.
Could anyone tell me any "greatness" of BSM. I do have family members students at BSM. The education level is probably even less than some chassidish school. Their claim to fame used to be that they are accepting all kinds of families including yemenits etc. But apparently that is not the case any more and they did turned to be judgmental. Could anyone enlighten me.

The people that I know that send there either like the atmosphere (extremely simple and ehrlich) or don't fit into/didn't get accepted anywhere else. The people that I know that send there are very happy.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 7:00 pm
My own two sense is that BSM is a school that has very pashut , very frum, tznius and temimusdig families sending there.
Their education is supposedly on a lower level than other schools educationally because they don't accept government funding as a shita and are therefore limited. (Or at least that's how it used to be) . I think they also don't learn from inside seforim, unless that has changed over the years.

BDY has a more "with it" Chasidish crowd and probably a younger crowd as well.

FYI I have a friend who is extremely ehrlich and frum and sends to BDY. She just tried getting her sons into Bais Dovid and they said "Bais Dovid parents don't send to BDY" and if she wants them to consider her sons she needs to take her daughter out of the school.
I also heard Keser Bais Yakov is opening with a preschool this coming year. It's going to be Bais Rochel type but more Chasidish geshtimt. That's what they are saying.

chasidish fro

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 8:19 pm
I went to school there and we learnt from seforim

amother
Green

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 9:00 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
My own two sense is that BSM is a school that has very pashut , very frum, tznius and temimusdig families sending there.
Their education is supposedly on a lower level than other schools educationally because they don't accept government funding as a shita and are therefore limited. (Or at least that's how it used to be) . I think they also don't learn from inside seforim, unless that has changed over the years.

BDY has a more "with it" Chasidish crowd and probably a younger crowd as well.

FYI I have a friend who is extremely ehrlich and frum and sends to BDY. She just tried getting her sons into Bais Dovid and they said "Bais Dovid parents don't send to BDY" and if she wants them to consider her sons she needs to take her daughter out of the school.
I also heard Keser Bais Yakov is opening with a preschool this coming year. It's going to be Bais Rochel type but more Chasidish geshtimt. That's what they are saying.

Interesting. I know of at least 2 families that send to BDY that send to Bais Dovid.

chasidish fro

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 9:04 pm
What about keser bais yakov is being more chasidish

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 9:20 pm
wow , I actually love what I hear about bsm. I have a neice that went there and no she was not the simple type she actually didnt fit in there and her mother, my sister was actually miserable, I understandn now why. I didnt realize she just didnt fit in there. so good I didnt judge them negatively and post anything negative. every one has to know where they belong.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jun 16 2021, 10:10 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
How that school has evolved. I was one of the early early students there. The principal drove.

To the poster who asked, the school was named Shifra Miriam after an early donor's mother, or grandmother. When I was in the school, there was a student there named Shifra Miriam, who was a grandchild. She was in the grade above mine.

Hi. Yes it’s named after someone in my family. My grandfather donated money to the school. I am now trying to get in, and hoping that gives me somewhat of a good chance. We are chassidish neutral. My own child is named shifra Miriam interestingly after the same person!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children